Subject: [Nfvrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-nfvrg-nfv-policy-arch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2015 15:49:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network Function Virtualization Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Policy Architecture and Framework for NFV Infrastructures
        Authors         : Norival Figueira
                          Ram (Ramki) Krishnan
                          Diego R. Lopez
                          Steven Wright
	Filename        : draft-irtf-nfvrg-nfv-policy-arch-00.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2015-08-05

Abstract:
   A policy architecture and framework is discussed to support NFV
   environments, where policies are used to enforce business rules and
   to specify resource constraints in a number of subsystems. This
   document approaches the policy framework and architecture from the
   perspective of overall orchestration requirements for services
   involving multiple subsystems. The framework extends beyond common
   orchestration constraints across compute, network, and storage
   subsystems to include energy conservation. This document also
   analyses policy scope, global versus local policies, policy actions
   and translations, policy conflict detection and resolution,
   interactions among policies engines, and a hierarchical policy
   architecture/framework to address the demanding and growing
   requirements of NFV environments, that could also be applicable to
   cloud infrastructures in general.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-nfvrg-nfv-policy-arch/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-nfvrg-nfv-policy-arch-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/