Subject: [Nfvrg] Call for Paper (cfp) -- Special Issue on Standardization in SDN and NFV

From: "Hosnieh Rafiee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 22:14:37 +0100

[I apologize for the duplicate submission]

Dear All,

I would like to announce the following cfp that I'm involved in. I know that
calls for papers are normally not a proper topic for IETF mailing lists, but
in this particular instance I had discussed with Jari Arkko and concluded
that an exception can be made, given the nature of the topic in determining
gaps in the standards.

You can find the link to the online announcement here:
<http://www.journals.elsevier.com/computer-standards-and-interfaces/call-for
-papers/special-issue-on-standardization-in-sdn-and-nfv/ >

Please feel free to share it with people who are interested or working on
these topics. 

Thanks,
Best,
Hosnieh

------------------------------------------

Special Issue on Standardization in SDN and NFV

This special issue wants to bring the attention of the community to the
current state in the standardization area of SDN and NFV by inviting
industry, practitioners and researchers to contribute with original works
that allow identifying and proposing solutions to important gaps, still
under development in SDN and NFV standardization organizations, and to show
the synergies and mismatches between open source solutions and
standardization processes. Moreover, review articles will be welcome to help
the readership to understand the effort carried out in the different
standardization bodies and their future directions.

Potential topics include, but are not limited to, aspects related with
standardization in:

    SDN and NFV frameworks and architectures.
    SDN and NFV challenges.
    SDN northbound, southbound and east-west interfaces.
    Integration of SDN and NFV, problems and challenges.
    SDN programming languages and data models.
    Data plane components (switch, routers, etc.) design.
    NFV and SDN alignment and standardization processes.
    Security, trust and privacy for SDN and NFV infrastructures, interfaces
and protocols.
    Big data analytics in SDN enabled network and privacy issues.
    Authentication, Authorization and Accounting in SDN and NFV.
    SDN and NFV in wireless and mobile networks.
    Applying SDN and NFV to 5G networks.
    Applying SDN and NFV to IoT.
    Applying SDN and NFV to cellular 3GPP-based networks.
    Standards-based NFV and SDN testbeds, open source implementations and
platforms.
    Testing and performance evaluation of existing proposals in NFV and SDN.
    Reliability, Availability and Load Balancing in NFV and SDN.
    Orchestration and Management in SDN and NFV.
    Multi-domain considerations in SDN and NFV.
    SDN and NFV in multi-tenancy environment.

Submission guidelines

Papers will be evaluated based on their originality, presentation, relevance
and contribution to the topic associated with the special issue, as well as
their overall quality. The submitted papers have to describe original work
which has not been published nor currently under review by other journals or
conferences

Guest editors will make an initial determination of the suitability and
scope of all submissions. Papers that either lack originality, clarity in
presentation or fall outside the scope of the special issue will not be sent
for review and authors will be promptly informed in such cases.

Author guidelines for preparation of manuscript are available in:

<
http://www.elsevier.com/journals/computer-standards-and-interfaces/0920-5489
/guide-for-authors >

Papers should be submitted via the EES application in the following link:

< http://ees.elsevier.com/csi/ > 
To ensure that all manuscripts are correctly identified for their inclusion
into the special issue, it is important that authors select
SI-Standardization SDN&NFV in the "Article Type" step during the submission
process.

Schedule

    Paper submission: March 31st, 2016
    Reviewing process and revision submission:       
   First round of reviews:  June 30th, 2016
   Second round of reviews: September 15th, 2016
   Acceptance of Final papers:  October 30th, 2016
   Final Manuscript Due: December 31st, 2016

Production process (online publication): March 31st, 2017