Subject: [Nfvrg] IEEE Soft5G Workshop @ NetSoft 2016 - Extended Submission Deadline: January 22nd, 2016

From: Roberto Riggio <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 16:49:58 +0100

We apologize if you received multiple copies of this CFP.

===========================================
IEEE Soft 5G 2016 Co-located with IEEE NetSoft 2016
June 10th, Seoul, Korea
===========================================

Due to numerous requests, we decided to extend the submission deadline to
January 22nd, 2016.

IMPORTANT DATES

- Paper submission: January 22nd, 2016 (Extended)
- Notification of Acceptance: February 28th, 2016
- Camera Ready Papers: March 15th, 2016
- Workshop date: June 10th, 2016

Workshop website: http://www.soft5g.org

Accepted paper will be indexed by IEEExplore.

The second IEEE International Workshop on Software Defined 5G Networks
(Soft5G 2016) will be held on June 10th,  2016 in Seoul, Korea along with
2st IEEE International Conference on Network Softwarization (NetSoft 2015).
Software defined networking (SDN) is undoubtedly one of the most popular
topic in the wired and the wireless networking domains raising interested
among the academic and the industrial communities alike. Additionally the
evolution of Network Functions Virtualisation (NFV) brings the opportunity
to implement network services in software on top of generic hardware
architectures paving the way to a truly evolvable network. The mobile
networks beyond LTE and LTE Advanced are required to cope with dramatic
increases in data traffic and with a highly diverse devices, applications
and services ecosystem. As a result, several research initiatives on 5G
mobile networks have been launched worldwide targeting the definition of
the next generation mobile networking ecosystem. In parallel, network
related standardization activities are mushrooming at the most important
SDOs. SDN brings the promise of enabling flexible, scalable, highly
configurable and reliable mobile networks by leveraging on programmable
control, management, and data planes. This workshop aims at bringing
together research and industry partners to present and discuss preliminary
research results, ongoing work and experiences on the topic of software
based, programmable 5G networks and services.

TOPICS OF INTEREST

Authors are invited to submit papers that fall into the area of
software-defined and virtualized mobile infrastructures. Topics of interest
include, but are not limited to, the following:

 * Convergence of heterogeneous wireless networks
 * EPC evolution towards 5G Core
 * NFV architectures for 5G
 * Programming abstractions for 5G networks
 * Software based PHY and MAC modelling
 * End-to-end wireless software networks architecture
 * Cloud computing and network virtualization technologies for RAN,
backhaul and core
 * Distributed data-centres architectures for 5G
 * QoS and QoE in software defined 5G networks
 * Ditributed clouds technologies for future wireless networks
 * Network services and applications life-cycle management
 * Edge network support
 * High availability in software wireless networks
 * Software robustness for shared network environments
 * Advances in wireless network management and orchestration
 * End-to-end resource allocation in 5G networks
 * Dynamic service placement & scalability strategies for 5G
 * Programming abstractions for spectrum sharing
 * Autonomous and self-backhauling
 * Software programmed end-user devices
 * Benchmarking of software defined networks
 * Software networks evaluation and testbeds
 * Open Source tools for 5G Prototyping
 * Emerging 5G SDN architectures & standards
 * Emerging 5G Applications and Architectures
 * Service Function Chaining Approaches
 * Cross Layer Application Programming
 * M2M/IoT architectures in 5G
 * Recursive mobile network architectures

PAPER SUBMISSION

Authors are invited to submit only original papers not published or
submitted for publication elsewhere. Papers can be up to 6 pages. Papers
must be in IEEE 2-column US-Letter style using IEEE Conference templates (
http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html)
and submitted in PDF format via JEMS (
https://submissoes.sbc.org.br/home.cgi?c=2439). Papers exceeding these
limits, multiple submissions, and self-plagiarized papers will be rejected
without further review. All submitted papers will be subject to
peer-review. Accepted and presented papers will be published in the IEEE
Soft5G Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore®.

WORKSHOP CO-CHAIRS

- Thomas Magedanz, TU Berlin/Fraunhofer Institute FOKUS, Germany
- Roberto Riggio, CREATE-NET, Italy
- Akihiro Nakao, Tokyo University
- Ashutosh Dutta, AT&T Labs

NETSOFT GENERAL CO-CHAIR

- James Won-Ki Hong, POSTECH, Korea

NETSOFT WORKSHOP CO-CHAIRS

- Burkhard Stiller, University of Zurich, Switzerland
- Noura Limam, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Younghan Kim, Soongsil University, Korea

IEEE SDN Initiative Chair

- Antonio Manzalini, Telecom Italia, Italy

IMPORTANT DATES

- Paper submission: January 22nd, 2016
- Notification of Acceptance: February 28th, 2016
- Camera Ready Papers: March 15th, 2016
- Workshop date: June 10th, 2016

For more information, please visit: http://www.soft5g.org