Subject: [Nfvrg] CfP: 2017 IEEE International Workshop on Multi-Provider Network Slicing and Virtualization (MPNSV 2017)

From: Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 11:02:56 +0100

(Apologies for cross-posting)

                        Call for Papers
               2017 IEEE International Workshop on 
   Multi-Provider Network Slicing and Virtualization (MPNSV 2017) 
           (http://sites.ieee.org/netsoft/workshops/)
             (https://www.5gex.eu/wp/?page_id=459) 
        in conjunction with the 3rd IEEE Conference on
           Network Softwarization (NetSoft 2017)
              July 3-7, 2017 Bologna, Italy

The IEEE International Workshop on Multi-Provider Network Slicing and
Virtualization (MPNSV’17) will be held on July 3-7, 2017 in Bologna, 
Italy along with the 3rd IEEE International Conference on Network 
Softwarization (NetSoft 2017, sites.ieee.org/netsoft). Network Service 
Providers today are limited in maximizing usage efficiency of their 
resources and limited in revenue generation capability from rigid 
service offerings which often take up to 90 days to provision. Market
fragmentation has resulted in a multitude of network operators each 
focused on different countries and regions. This makes it difficult to 
create infrastructure services spanning multiple countries, such as
virtual connectivity or compute resources, as no single operator has a 
footprint everywhere.

The Network “Softwarization” through Software Defined Network (SDN)
and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) aims at providing a
framework for contracting, invoking and settling for the wholesale
consumption of resources and virtual network services which can be
provisioned in less than 90 minutes and rapidly invoked. This will
enable network operators, applications providers and other stakeholders
in the 5G supply chain to deliver new service value for 5G customers
and at the same creating and enhancing revenue-generating potential
for 5G providers, third party verticals and others in the supply chain
while extending their footprint through cooperation and co-competition
with other providers. This will allow end-to-end network and service
elements to be jointly orchestrated in multi-vendor, heterogeneous
technology and resource environments.

The full text of MPNSV’17 Call for Papers is accessible at the URL:

    http://sites.ieee.org/netsoft/files/2016/11/MPNSV17_CFP.pdf

Important Dates:
Paper submission deadline:      10 March 2017
Acceptance notification:        18 April 2017
Camera ready:                   3 May 2017