Subject: [Nfvrg] IEEE NFV-SDN 2017 - Submissions due: April 2017

From: Christian Makaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 19:04:26 -0400

------------ Apologies for Cross-posting ---------------
IEEE NFV-SDN 2017
IEEE Conference on Network Functions Virtualization & Software Defined
Networks
November 6th-8th, 2017, Berlin, Germany

http://nfvsdn2017.ieee-nfvsdn.org/

The 2017 IEEE Conference on Network Functions Virtualization and
SoftwareDefined Networking (IEEE NFV-SDN) will be held in November 6th to
8th, 2017 at the Fraunhofer Forum in Berlin, Germany. In addition to the
latestNFV and SDN concepts and mechanisms, the 2017 IEEE NFV-SDN conference
will focus on first operational results related to virtualized networks
functions (VNFs) as well as describing new applications of VNFs which
smarten networks and their usage.

*** Scope ***
Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) and Software Defined Networks (SDN)
enable rapid network and service innovation for all participants in
theecosystem. NFV enables network capacity and functionality to be
decoupled, allowing network functions to be dynamically deployed whenever
they are required and wherever they can be hosted. SDN allows
programmability ofthe NFV networking infrastructure to support the
deployment of new network functions in a variety of environments including
telecommunications networks, campus and enterprise networks, and data
centers. The dramatic industry transformation implied by NFV and SDN will
not only impact computing platforms and network architectures, but will
also open up new avenuesof research. Further, these technologies will
accelerate the deployment of new capabilities to enable smart
cities/homes/cars/businesses and green infrastructures. And we will see new
types of user interfaces and physical system realizations. In addition to
the latest NFV and SDN concepts and mechanisms, the 2017 IEEE NFV-SDN
conference will focus on first operational results related to virtualized
networks functions (VNFs) as well as describing new applications of VNFs
which smarten networks and their usage.

*** Topics of interests ***
The IEEE NFV-SDN conference brings together researchers from around the
world to share ideas that can impact the evolution and operation of NFV and
SDN technologies. We encourage submission of innovative work on NFV andSDN.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of topics:
- NFV and SDN Architectures
- Advances in Control planes, forwarding abstractions and
programmabilityparadigms
- Analysis of combined control plane architectures
- Emerging improvements including Network Slicing and hierarchical
controllers
- NFV and SDN Infrastructure and Elements
- Improvements in design of forwarding elements, e.g. switches/routers,
wireless systems
- Optimizing NFV infrastructures including  hardware acceleration
technologies
- NFV and SDN Operations
- Dynamic service function chaining/orchestration and traffic steering
- Dynamic license management, autonomics, machine learning, monitoring,
resiliency, fault management and self-healing
- Security impacts
- Advanced tools for automated design, deployment, validation and management
- Application of machine learning and big data analytics to manage
virtualized networks
- Performance Analysis and Optimization
- Data/control plane performance, interoperability and scalability studies
- Resource dimensioning and optimization (e.g. cloud-native design),
workload isolation and tradeoffs
- Design guidelines for modularity, scalability, high availability and
interoperability (e.g. container and micro services implementations)
- Results and Evaluations in Application Scenarios
- Usage scenarios such as SD-WAN, IoT, Smart Grid, Smart Cities, etc.
- Improvements in future communication infrastructure enabled by SDN and
NFV including RAN, evolution to 5G, public, private and hybrid clouds
- Operations experience (e.g. lab. and field trial results)
- New commercial models and ecosystems enabled by NFV and SDN

*** Call for Submissions ***
2017 IEEE NFV-SDN will feature technical paper presentations, tutorials and
demos. Additionally, topical workshops will be co-located so various call
for proposals are issued. Deadlines are as follows:
 - April 1st, 2017: Workshop proposal deadline
- April 20th, 2017: Full paper submission deadline
- June 1st, 2017: Demo / tutorial / panel proposal submission deadline
- June 15th, 2017: Fast-track paper submission deadline
- June 15th, 2017: Acceptance notification (full papers)
- August 30th, 2017: Acceptance notification (fast-track papers, tutorials,
demo)
- September 15th, 2017: Camera-ready papers

Call for Demos, Call for Tutorials and Call for Workshop are pubslished
separately, details can be found on the conference websitehttp://
sites.ieee.org/nfvsdn-2017/

*** Authors and submission guidelines ***
Prospective authors are invited to submit original full technical or
fast-track papers for publication in the IEEE NFV-SDN 2017 Conference
Proceedings and for presentation in the technical sessions. We solicit
submission of high-quality full papers reporting original and novel
research results on all above topics. Papers must be written in English,
unpublished and not submitted elsewhere. Full papers must be formatted as
the standard IEEE double-column conference template.

FULL TECHNICAL PAPERS should have a maximum paper length of six (6) printed
pag-es (10-point font), including figures, without incurring additional
page charges (maximum 1 additional page with over length page charge
ofUSD100 if accepted). Papers exceeding 7 pages will not be accepted at
EDAS.  Submissions should be uploaded onhttp://edas.info/. FAST-TRACK
PAPERS: In addition, we welcome fast-track papers from the research
community up to four (4) pages in length (10pt font); max. one additional
page withover length page charge of USD100 if accepted. These papers should
focusmore on recent and newly-developing results. FAST-TRACK papers will be
reviewed with a more open mind towards the scope of evaluation or breadth
of topics compared to longer papers. We recommend that authors check
bothcalls for papers before submitting. Submissions should be uploaded
onhttp://edas.info/. To be published in the IEEE NFV-SDN 2017 Conference
Proceedings and to be eligible for publication in IEEE Xplore, an author of
anaccepted paper is required to register for the conference at the FULL
(member or non-member) rate and the paper must be presented by an author
ofthat paper at the conference.  For authors with multiple accepted papers,
one FULL registration is valid for up to 3 papers. Accepted and presented
papers will be published in the IEEE NFV-SDN 2017 Conference Proceedings
and submitted to IEEE Xplore.
The IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the
conference (including its removal from IEEE Xplore) if the paper is
notpresented at the conference. Papers are reviewed on the basis that they
do not contain plagiarized material and have not been submitted to any
other conference at the same time (double submission). These matters are
taken very seriously and the IEEE Communications Society will take action
against any author who engages in either practice.

*** Organizing Committee ***

General Chair: Kurt Tutschku, BTH, SWE

Technical Program Co-Chairs: Mario Kind, Deutsche Telekom AG, DE; Rudra
Dutta, NCSU, USA; Selcuk Uluagac, FIU, USA

Tutorial Co-Chairs: Dilip Krishnaswamy, IBM, India; Tetsuya Nakamura,
CableLabs, USA

Demo / Poster Co-Chairs: Ram Krishnan, Dell, USA (TBC); Wolfgang John,
Ericsson, SWE

Workshop Chairs: Evangelos Markakis, TEI of Crete, GR; George Xilouris,
NCSR Demokritos, GR

Local Arrangement Chair: Thomas Magedanz, FOKUS, DE

Publicity Co-Chairs: Christian Makaya, IBM, USA; Daniel King, Lancaster
Univ., UK; Ying-Dar Lin, NCTU, Taiwan

Keynote Chair: Larry Horner, Intel, USA; James Kempf, Ericsson, USA

Panel Chairs: Larry Horner, Intel, USA; Don Clarke, CableLabs, USA

Patronage Chair: Don Clarke, CableLabs, USA

Publication Chairs: Christian Sieber, TU Munich, DE; Walter Cerroni, Univ.
Bologna, IT

Webmaster: Vida Ahmadi Mehri, BTH, SE

Technical Co-Sponsorships Chair: Steven Wright, AT&T, USA

Registration / Budget: Charles Cook, CenturyLink, USA

Secretary: Qiong Zhang, Fujitsu Labs of America, USA

IEEE Staff Contact: Melissa Torres, IEEE Comsoc, USA; Bridget Erlikh, IEEE
Comsoc, USA

Treasurer: Bruce Worthman, IEEE Comsoc, USA

*** Steering Committee ***

Nelson Fonseca, U. Campinas, Brazil
Steven Wright, AT&T USA
Dan Pitt, MEF, USA
Diego Lopez, Telefonica, Spain
Kurt Tutschku, BTH, Sweden
Prosper Chemouil, Orange Labs, France

<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=icon>
Virus-free.
www.avast.com
<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=link>
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>