Subject: [Nfvrg] Third IEEE International Workshop on Security in NFV-SDN (SN-2017)-Berlin, Germany -new submission date

From: Shao Ying Zhu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2017 09:56:50 +0000

Call for Papers

The Third International Workshop on Security in NFV-SDN in conjunction with the 3rd IEEE NFV-SDN conference, 6-8 November, Berlin, Germany

Workshop website: http://www.sn-2017.info/

Scope

Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and Software Defined Network (SDN) have changed the networking industry dramatically. NFV virtualizes network services by utilizing virtualization technologies to reduce the dependency on underlying hardware. NFV provides many benefits such as faster service enablement, ease of resource management and lower OPEX and CAPEX. SDN separates the control functions from the underlying physical network by decoupling the control and data planes. SDN provides many benefits such as reduced costs, ease of deployment and management, better scalability, availability, flexibility and fine-grain control of traffic and security. Like traditional networks, they are subject to various security threats and attacks. In this workshop, we invite high-quality submissions in the areas of NFV and SDN security and other related areas. Submitted papers should highlight methods and approaches that can be used to analyse the security risks and requirements, threats and techniques related to NFV and SDN and to provide novel methods and approaches to assure security in NFV and SDN.

Topics of interest

Topics of interest include but are not limited to the following areas:

·         Security, reliability and privacy through SDN and NFV in 5G networks

·         Management and orchestration of NFV and SDN elements for security

·         Secure design of NFV and SDN solutions, security enablers

·         Security threats and vulnerabilities introduced by NFV and SDN technologies

·         Threat detection and mitigation through SDN and NFV

·         Security policy specification and management in SDN and NFV systems

·         Security related monitoring and analytics in SDN and NFV solutions

·         5G security architecture, trust and confidence

·         Authentication, authorization and Accounting in SDN

·         Security of applying SDN to wireless and mobile network

·         Security of applying NFV and SDN to IoT

·         Security of applying NFV and SDN to cloud computing

·         Security of SDN API

·         Risk and compliance issues in SDN

·         Securing SDN infrastructure

·          Security architecture for SDN

·         Security standard of SDN

·         Security of SDN data plane

·         Security of SDN control plane

·         Security of SDN application plane

·          Security of Routing in SDN

·         Security of network slicing

·         Security as a service for SDN

The workshop deadlines:

·         Paper Submission: July 15, 2017

·         Notification of Acceptance: July 30, 2017

·         Camera Ready Submission: September 15, 2017 

Submission

Please use EDAS to upload your submission at http://edas.info/N23798. The manuscripts must be prepared in English, following IEEE two‐column Manuscript Templates (http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html) for Conference Proceedings with a maximum length of six (6) printed pages for full papers and up to four (4) pages for short papers (work in progress), including figures. All papers need to be submitted in PDF format via EDAS<http://edas.info/N23798>. All submitted papers will be peer‐reviewed. To be published in the Workshop Proceedings and to be eligible for publication in IEEE Xplore, at least one author of an accepted paper is required to register and present the paper at the workshop. The IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference (including its removal from IEEE Explore) if the paper is not presented at the conference. Papers are reviewed on the basis that they do not contain plagiarized material and have not been submitted to any other conference at the same time (double submission). These matters are taken very seriously and the IEEE Communications Society will take action against any author who engages in either practice.

Workshop Chairs

·         Eleni Trouva, NCSR Demokritos, Greece

·         Shao Ying Zhu, University of Derby,UK

·         George Gardikis, Space Hellas, Greece

·         Collin Allison, University of St Andrews,UK

·         Linas Maknavicius, Nokia Bell Labs, France

Technical Program Committee (TPC)

·         Diego Lopez – Telefonica I&D, Spain

·         Harilaos Koumaras – NCSR Demokritos, Greece

·         Muhammad Shuaib Siddiqui – i2CAT, Spain

·         Ludovic Jacquin – Hewlett Packard Labs, UK

·         Nicolae Paladi, Swedish Institute of Computer Science, Sweden

·         Augusto Ciuffoletti – University of Pisa, Italy

·         Carolina Canales – Ericsson, Spain

·         Michail-Alexandros Kourtis – NCSR Demokritos, Greece

·         Marco Anisetti – University of Milan, ItalyMarco Anisetti – University of Milan, Italy

·         Sandra Scott-Hayward – Queen’s University Belfast, UK

·         Miguel Angel Garcia – Ericsson, Spain

·         Antonios Litke – Infili, Greece

·         Nikolaos Papadakis – Infili, Greece

·         Dimitris Katsianis, Incites, Luxemburg

·         Antonio Agustin Partor Perales – Telefonica I&D, Spain

·         Yacine Rebahi, Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communication Systems FOKUS, Germany

·         Abdelkader Outtagarts – Nokia, Bell Labs, France

Contacts

Eleni Trouva - [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

Dr. Shao Ying Zhu - [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

Dr. George Gardikis - [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

Linas Maknavicius - [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

Dr. Colin Allison - [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

The University of Derby has a published policy regarding email and reserves the right to monitor email traffic.
If you believe this was sent to you in error, please reply to the sender and let them know.

Key University contacts: http://www.derby.ac.uk/its/contacts/