Subject: [Nfvrg] FW: ETT Special issue on Slicing

From: "Diego R. Lopez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 11:39:46 +0000

On 08/04/2018, 23:10, "Rui L. Aguiar" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    Apologies for the (... expectable...) duplication of announcement. But
    read on, at least once!

    ======================================================

    Wiley Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies

    Special Issue on
    *Network Slicing: trends, research and standardization*
    ======================================================
    https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/21613915

    The number of Internet accesses is growing exponentially, with an ever
    increasing number of mobile devices for multiple Cyber-Physical Systems
    and Internet-of-Things applications. Network technologies are required
    to independently support billions of devices for wired and wireless
    access and to incorporate new isolated services for Cyber-Physical
    Systems and Internet-of-Things. Network slicing - a specific form of
    virtualization that allows multiple logical networks to run and be
    managed on top of a shared physical network infrastructure - is a new
    approach for improving overall performance and security where
    infrastructures, software and spectrum are combined into a single
    software-based virtual network entity, which then can be offered to
    different parties with an effective cost-benefit ratio. Network slicing
    combines different wired and wireless networks with different access
    technologies and network topologies (infrastructure-based and
    infrastructure-less) which makes the essential requirements on
    convergence, sharing, isolation, security and abstraction difficult to
    achieve. Furthermore, considering the wireless links, wireless networks
    operate in different spectrum bands ranging from MHz to GHz, unlicensed
    and licensed RF bands, and with different geographic coverage (e.g.,
    wide, local and personal areas). Thus far, there is no unified and
    universal architecture for wireless network virtualization available for
    commercial networks.
    These advances in Computing and Communication Technologies - and their
    applications to different emerging systems, network slicing and
    virtualization - have generated interest from industry, government and
    academia, all trying to explore the same common infrastructure. This
    special issue will bring researchers and practitioners together to
    present the latest developments and technical solutions concerning
    various aspects of advances in network slicing and novel  related
    virtualization technologies. This SI seeks original unpublished
    technical papers focusing on theoretical analysis, emerging
    applications, novel system architecture design and evaluation,
    experimental studies, and standardization.
    Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
    •    Network slicing architectures and protocols
    •    Network slice control, management and orchestration
    •    Network slicing and SDN architectures, operations and protocols
    •    Dynamic wired and wireless network virtualization and softwarization
    •    Slicing-friendly infrastructure and data plane programmability
    •    Mobility management and topology control in network slicing
    •    Network slicing stitching, inter-slicing
    •    Analytics for intelligent orchestration of softwarized infrastructures
    •    Distributed co-ordination of slice provisioning and multi-domain
    orchestration
    •    Network slicing support for ICN, MEC and other architectures
    •    Scalability, performance and complexity analysis and evaluation
    •    Performance modelling, analysis and optimization of slice-enabled
    networks
    •    Self-healing/configuration/optimization of network slicing
    •    Self-organizing networks and autonomic communications applied to
    network slicing
    •    Network slicing economics and game theory
    •    Interference mitigation and awareness for slice isolation
    •    Slice-related spectrum-management regulation and policy making
    •    Security, trust and privacy issues
    •    Applying distributed ledger technologies to support slicing
    •    Applications, case studies, and real-world test beds of network slicing
    •    Experimental deployments
    •    Standardization activities

    Submission
    ===========

    Authors are advised to submit their research paper following the ETT
    Paper template. More information available at
    http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)2161-3915/homepage/ForAuthors.html

    Important Dates
    ===============
    • *Submission Deadline: June 1, 2018*
    •    First Round Authors Notification: September 1, 2018
    •    Second Round Authors Notification: November 1, 2018
    •    Final Manuscript: November 20, 2018

    Guest Editors
    •    Rui L. Aguiar, Instituto de Telecomunicações/DETI, Universidade de
    Aveiro, Portugal
    •    Seil Jeon, Sungkyunkwan Uniersity, Korea
    •    Diego Lopez, Telefonica I+D, Spain
    •    Rafael Pasquini, Universidade Federal de Uberlândia, Brazil
    •    Danda B. Rawat, Howard University, USA
    •    Qi Wang, University of West Scotland, UK

--
"Esta vez no fallaremos, Doctor Infierno"

Dr Diego R. Lopez
Telefonica I+D
https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr2lopez/

e-mail: [email-masked]
Tel:         +34 913 129 041
Mobile:  +34 682 051 091
----------------------------------

________________________________

Este mensaje y sus adjuntos se dirigen exclusivamente a su destinatario, puede contener información privilegiada o confidencial y es para uso exclusivo de la persona o entidad de destino. Si no es usted. el destinatario indicado, queda notificado de que la lectura, utilización, divulgación y/o copia sin autorización puede estar prohibida en virtud de la legislación vigente. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique inmediatamente por esta misma vía y proceda a su destrucción.

The information contained in this transmission is privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, do not read it. Please immediately reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error and then delete it.

Esta mensagem e seus anexos se dirigem exclusivamente ao seu destinatário, pode conter informação privilegiada ou confidencial e é para uso exclusivo da pessoa ou entidade de destino. Se não é vossa senhoria o destinatário indicado, fica notificado de que a leitura, utilização, divulgação e/ou cópia sem autorização pode estar proibida em virtude da legislação vigente. Se recebeu esta mensagem por erro, rogamos-lhe que nos o comunique imediatamente por esta mesma via e proceda a sua destruição