Subject: [Nfvrg] The 4th IEEE International Smart Cities Conference (ISC2) 2018 - Call for Papers

From: Ana García Armada <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 18:39:27 +0200

(Please apologize multiple postings)

========================================================================
          The 4th IEEE International Smart Cities Conference (ISC2) 2018

                  Link:  http://sites.ieee.org/isc2-2018

                            CALL FOR PAPERS

The Fourth annual IEEE International Smart Cities Conference (ISC2-2018) 
is the 'flagship conference' sponsored by the IEEE Smart Cities 
Initiative. ISC2-2018 will bring together researchers and practitioners 
in a collaborative smart cities discussion, including scholars, 
citizens, policy makers, administrators, infrastructure operators, 
industry representatives, economists, sociologists and academicians. 
Technical exchanges within the research community will encompass panels, 
plenary talks, technical sessions, tutorials, and exhibitions. The 
conference theme is Systems Approach for Smarter Communities that 
address the complex interplay between our technology systems and our 
service delivery systems.
The IEEE ISC2 will contribute to further develop technical best 
practices across broad application and functional domains within the 
context of urban infrastructure systems, and disseminate them to the 
broad stakeholders.
Prospective authors are encouraged to contribute high-quality original 
full or short papers to this conference.  All submitted papers must be 
unpublished and not considered elsewhere for publication. The papers 
should be written in English and formatted according to IEEE Template. 
Conference content will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore as 
well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases.
All submitted manuscripts will be peer-reviewed by at least 3 program 
committee members. Accepted papers with confirmed presentation will 
appear in the conference proceedings. The overall Best Paper and Best 
Student Paper Awards will be given and recognized during the conference.

The technical areas include, but are not limited to:

- Citizen participation
- Healthcare
- Emergency management
- Smart environment & ecosystems
- Policy development
- Mobility and transportation
- Special needs
- Digital city and smart growth
- Sustainability
- Energy efficiency
- Smart grids for smart cities
- Smart buildings
- Transportation and traffic systems
- Smart city theory, modeling, and simulation
- Manufacturing and logistics
- Vehicle-to-infrastructure integration
- Intelligent infrastructure
- Sensors & Intelligent Electronic Devices
- Systems Integration
- Management & Control Platforms
- Energy systems
- Computational intelligence
- Open data and big data analytics
- Internet of things (IoT)
- Pattern recognition
- Cybersecurity
- Networks and communications
- Security and regulations
- Data collection
- Data security and privacy
- Data visualization
- Intelligence & Data Analytics

CALL FOR Workshop Proposals and Tutorials:
Proposals are sought for Special Workshops and Tutorials related to the 
topics and theme of the conference. The detailed instructions on 
Workshop proposals, Tutorials as well as Workshop papers are found at 
the conference website at http://sites.ieee.org/isc2-2018/.

*** Important Dates ***

- Full-paper submission deadline:?May 4, 2018
- Workshop/Tutorial proposal submission deadline: May 15, 2018
- Notification of acceptance: June 15, 2018
- Camera ready paper submission deadline: July 15, 2018

For submission, Manuscripts in PDF in IEEE standard-format must be 
electronically submitted for peer-review at 
https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=24558.

*** Organizing Committee  ***

* General Co-Chairs:
Aaron Deacon, KC Digital Drive, USA
Baek-Young Choi, University of Missouri - Kansas City, USA

* Technical Program Co-Chairs:
Victor M. Larios, University of Guadalajara, Mexico
Andrea Molinari, University of Trento, Italy
Xiaojun Wu, Jiangnan University, China
========================================================================

-- 
Ana Garcia Armada
Departamento de Teoría de la Señal y Comunicaciones
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
Avda. Universidad 30, Leganes (Spain)
Tel: +34 91 6249172
Fax: +34 91 6248749
[email-masked]