Subject: [Nfvrg] Closing down the NFV Research Group

From: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 10:55:25 -0400

Dear NFVRG folks,

The Chairs, Ramki and Diego, approached me at the end of the Montreal
meeting and asked that the RG be closed.  I agreed with this because we
haven't been able to get momentum for the effort in a way that matches to
IRTF goals, and that isn't already being accomplished elsewhere, either in
IETF or in other R&D organizations.

We plan to keep the mailing list open for some time.  Please let me know if
you want that to be an indefinite time for future uses, or if it's OK to
close it at the end of 2018.

There is one document in progress (it's at IRSG review stage) that we will
make sure goes to the IESG for their review:
draft-irtf-nfvrg-gaps-network-virtualization-09.

Per Pedro Aranda's request on July 28, and because the Chairs mentioned
this document to me, I will ask for an outside review of
draft-aranda-nfvrg-recursive and share the results with this list; what
happens to it from here will be based on that review and I'll update you
later.

Thanks very much to Diego and Ramki for their chairing efforts over the
past few years, and to the group for working in the IRTF.

Best to all,

Allison
IRTF Chair