Subject: RE: (ngtrans) ngtrans meeting in Orlando now scheduled

From: Brian Zill <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 18:09:00 -0800

In the future, could these be scheduled to not conflict with ipsec?  Since
ipsec is a required part of ipv6, I would assume a number of implementers
would like to attend both.  I certainly would.  Likewise for mobileip.  And
of course, ipng.

Worrying about overlapping with dhc strikes me as less important.

--Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Fink [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 1998 16:47
To: [email-masked]
Subject: (ngtrans) ngtrans meeting in Orlando now scheduled

From the Secretariat:

This is to confirm two one-hour sessions for NGTRANS as follows:

	Tuesday, December 8 at 1300-1500
		other groups scheduled at that time: adslmib, dhc, ospf,
ipsec, tcpsat
	Tuesday, December 8 at 1415-1515
		other groups scheduled at that time: frnetmib, ssh, ospf,
ipsec, tcpsat

You had asked to not conflict with DHC, but we had to do some switching
around and there were not many options.  DHC is meeting on full two hour
session and two one-hour session.  Hopefully this will not be a problem.

-

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 21:58:31 -0500

>Worrying about overlapping with dhc strikes me as less important.

Hmmm well for dhcpv6 it is important as it is can be used for transition
scenarios.  But dhcpv6 has only one hour slot this time and I will ask
Ralph to make sure Charlie and I are not on at the same time as the
ngtrans meeting.  We also draw others like Erik, Francis, and other
implementors from IPv6.  We need them at both places and more than IPsec
right now as most of the IPsec implementors are not also the core IPv6
implementors in most cases.  As IPsec is a full time job regardless of
IPv6 at this time.

/jim