Subject: (ngtrans) AIIH Work.......................................

From: Jim Bound <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 23:23:19 -0500

IPv6 Transition Folks,

The AIIH work I am doing is not dead.  I have had many offline
probes.  The draft has expired but I will submit a new one in late
January.  There are several implementations underway.  My objective will 
be to suggest it begin being tracked for PS status to be discussed at the 
next IETF meeting per the input from the Chicago Aug IETF meeting.  

You can get a copy of draft-ietf-ngtrans-assgn-ipv4-addrs-00.txt
at:  sipper.zk3-x.dec.com via anon ftp in the pub dir.

AIIH is totally dependent on DHCPv6 and we ran into some issues during
WG Last Call Charlie Perkins and I are resolving now.  We hope to
resolve these issues at the DHCPv6 slot right after the NGTRANS meeting.
There are no major alterations to the protocol itself but fine tuning.
Even so as many of you know the last few words to get a spec done around
here can be the majority of the work.  There are about 4 dhcpv6
implementations in progress at this time.  But AIIH is dependent on
DHCPv6.

/jim