Subject: (ngtrans) Comments on SIIT

From: George Tsirtsis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 13:54:22 +0000 (GMT)

Erik,

Revising the NAT-PT draft as was agreed in the IETF meeting I
noticed that in SIITv03 you have not updated the MTU calculations with
the new value 1280 (per RFC2460) as opposed to 576. This error appears in
a number of sections: 4,  4.1 and 5.

I am sorry for not catching this earlier ;( 

By the way since SIIT will become an RFC wouldn't be better if you removed
section 7 "Open Issues" ? This is not important and may worth doing only
if you revise SIIT for the PMTU update.

Regards

George
-----------------------------
Internet Transport Research |
BTLABS                      |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notice: This contribution is the personal view of the author and does not
necessarily reflect the technical nor commercial direction of British
Telecommunications plc.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:03:28 -0800 (PST)

> I am sorry for not catching this earlier ;( 

Better late then never :-)

> if you revise SIIT for the PMTU update.

I planned to remove that one as part of the RFC but thanks for reminding me.

I'll submit an updated I-D today.

   Erik