Subject: (ngtrans) I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ngtrans-dti-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:55:29 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Generation Transition Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Dynamic Tunneling: A new method for the 
                          IPv4-IPv6 Transition
	Author(s)	: L. Toutain, H. Afifi
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ngtrans-dti-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 21-Dec-98
	
   We propose to use an IPv6 tunneling mechanism and encapsulate IPv4
   packets into IPv6 packets. This eases the transition and routers do
   not need to support IPv6 and IPv4 routing tables. The IN_ADDR.arpa
   domain is used to find IPv4 to IPv6 correspondence in a way that does
   not prevent the asymmetrical routing and multi-homing.
 
   The model also simplifies IPv4 address management since the address
   has no more a localization function but only an identification
   function.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-dti-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ngtrans-dti-00.txt".

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-dti-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.