Subject: (ngtrans) Grenoble Discussion - Proposals to assist "initial" transition of IPv6

From: Jim Bound <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 10:44:15 -0500

Folks,

At the Grenoble Interim meeting it would be really great if during the
ngtrans session if we could discuss the merits and differences between
the initial set of proposals that would be useful to assist IPv6
deployment.  In addition we should also discuss the implementation
complexities for each of them.  Also what common implementation problems
to each of them face which are similar (e.g. DNS, Assignment of
Addresses).  The list below are the ones I would think are important for
initial deployment and then I list the ones which may be needed later.
We can debate the order but covering the first set would be a lot of
work if folks want we can cover the second set at Minnieapolis.

draft-ietf-ngtrans-dti-00.txt  (note this proposal contrasts and
compares the others here in the draft and I think incorrectly but I will
be sending my input on this to the list before Grenoble soon).

draft-ietf-ngtrans-natpt-04.txt

draft-ietf-ngtrans-siit-04.txt 

draft-ietf-ngtrans-assgn-ipv4-addrs-01.txt

Could I ask for some volunteers to help lead with me such a discussion
and if possible do some prepartory work with me offline?

The ones we need to do later are:

draft-ietf-ngtrans-dual-stack-hosts-00.txt

draft-ietf-ngtrans-ipv4-ipv6-xlator-00.txt

draft-ietf-ngtrans-translator-00.txt

thanks
/jim

---

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 13:02:42 -0500

Jim,
	we are preparing a proposal on deployment issues.  We should have this for
next week, probably in a form of a draft and a presentation. I'll send you
the details when ready. So we would like to request a slot.

Regards, Marc.

>draft-ietf-ngtrans-translator-00.txt

-----------------------------------------------------------
Marc Blanchet			| [email-masked]
Viagénie inc.			| http://www.viagenie.qc.ca
3107 des hôtels		| tél.: 418-656-9254 
Ste-Foy, Québec		| fax.: 418-656-0183
Canada, G1W 4W5		| radio: VA2-JAZ
------------------------------------------------------------
Internet Engineering Standards/Normes d'ingénierie Internet
               http://www.normos.org
------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Kazuaki Tsuchiya <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 22:25:30 +0900

Dear Jim,

At 10:44 99/01/20 -0500, Jim Bound wrote:
Jim> The list below are the ones I would think are important for
Jim> initial deployment and then I list the ones which may be needed later.
Jim> We can debate the order but covering the first set would be a lot of
Jim> work if folks want we can cover the second set at Minnieapolis.
Jim> 
Jim> draft-ietf-ngtrans-dti-00.txt  (note this proposal contrasts and
Jim> compares the others here in the draft and I think incorrectly but I will
Jim> be sending my input on this to the list before Grenoble soon).
Jim> 
Jim> draft-ietf-ngtrans-natpt-04.txt
Jim> 
Jim> draft-ietf-ngtrans-siit-04.txt 
Jim> 
Jim> draft-ietf-ngtrans-assgn-ipv4-addrs-01.txt
Jim> 
Jim> Could I ask for some volunteers to help lead with me such a discussion
Jim> and if possible do some prepartory work with me offline?
Jim> 
Jim> The ones we need to do later are:
Jim> 
Jim> draft-ietf-ngtrans-dual-stack-hosts-00.txt
Jim> 

We think that our tool is useful especially in the initial stage
where we can't prepare IPv6 applications.  I want to tell Ngtrans
folks that in Grenoble.

Would you please include me into the agenda on Wednesday or Thursday?

Jim> draft-ietf-ngtrans-ipv4-ipv6-xlator-00.txt
Jim> 

Sorry.  It is erased.
Its new form is "draft-ietf-ngtrans-dual-stack-hosts-00.txt".

Best regards.

- Kazuaki Tsuchiya of Hitachi,Ltd.

--------------------------------------------------------
Kazuaki Tsuchiya (E-mail:[email-masked])
  Hitachi, Ltd.  Server & Network Development Division
    Phone:+81-462-32-2111(ex.2458)   Fax:+81-462-35-8324

---

From: Bob Fink <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 19:34:45 -0800

Kazuaki,

>Would you please include me into the agenda on Wednesday or Thursday?

You will have time to speak.

Thanks,

Bob