Subject: (ngtrans) Current NGtrans agenda for 2nd day of Grenoble interim meetings

From: Bob Fink <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 16:26:59 -0800

NGtrans Folk,

Below is the current, and final pre-meeting, NGtrans agenda for the 2nd day
of the Grenoble interim meetings. We can still alter the agenda at the
meeting. 

As Bob and Steve are doing for the IPng interim meeting, we would like to
assign an assignment for attendees, so please read below.

Thanks,

Tony and Bob

------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, February 3 -- NGtrans working group meeting 
------------------------------------------------------

Purpose:

The NGtrans working group has developed a large set of transition tools 
including the original transition mechanisms (i.e., dual stack w/IPv6 
over IPv4 tunneling), 6over4 without explicit tunnels, translation, 
and other tunneling techniques. The purpose of the meeting is for the 
working group to converge on a smaller set of tools and mechanisms.
The meeting will include discussing specific transition scenarios and 
evaluating how the current transition tools and mechanism work in 
these environments.

Requirements for Attendees:

**NOTE** All attendees are required to bring two lists, hopefully each on a
single sheet of paper, as follows:

1. how you would evaluate the various transition tools/mechanisms under
agenda item (2).

2. your favorite (i.e., most important) transition scenario to provide for
under agenda item (4).

Agenda:

(1) Review NGtrans mission and charter (brief) - Bob Fink

(2) Review transition tools/mechanism and how to evaluate them - Jim Bound
    with help from various authors as needed (Cyndi Jung, Kazuaki Tsuchiya,
etc.)

(3) Discuss specific transition scenarios - Tony Hain
    with help from various folk (Jim Bound, etc.)

(4) Evaluate tools/mechanisms against transition scenarios to establish
    which to converge on - Bob Fink/Tony Hain

(5) NGtrans mission and charter reprise (wrapup) - Tony Hain

-end

---

From: George Tsirtsis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 12:27:08 +0000 (GMT)

Bob and ngtrans falks,

Since Kazu made a couple of fair points (thanks Kazu!) we will update the
NAT-PT draft (v5!)for one more time. Since this is the 2nd WG Last Call
and in order to avoid another update of the draft I would request from
people who are interested in this draft to have a final look and make sure
we get **comments by the end of next week** (Friday, after the Grenoble
meeting).

This way we will be able to produce the final version and send it to the
IESG as fast as the process allows.

Thanks for helping to clear up this document.

See you soon (maybe in Grenoble!)

George