Subject: (ngtrans) I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ngtrans-natpt-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 10:54:03 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Generation Transition Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Network Address Translation - Protocol 
                          Translation (NAT-PT]
	Author(s)	: G. Tsirtsis, P. Srisuresh
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ngtrans-natpt-04.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 13-Jan-99
	
   This document specifies a transition mechanism in addition  to  those
   already   specified in   [TRANS].   The  new  mechanism  provides  an
   end-to-end solution to allow IPv6-only hosts  to   communicate   with
   IPv4-only   hosts  and vice versa using Network  Address  Translation
   and Protocol  Translation. The scheme described does not require  du-
   al-stack  hosts; nor  does it mandate any routing related changes  on
   the hosts. The scheme is based on a combination of  address  transla-
   tion  theme  as  described  in [NAT-TERM] and V6/V4 protocol transla-
   tion theme as described in [SIIT].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-natpt-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ngtrans-natpt-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-natpt-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.