Subject: (ngtrans) NGtrans agenda (still need roadmap discussion volunteers)

From: Bob Fink <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 15:46:56 -0800

NGtrans folk,

I still need more volunteers to propose document structure during the
roadmap documents part of the meeting (I have two at the moment: Dale
Finkelson and Jim Bound). Please send me email as soon as possible if you
can prepare a vu-graf or two suggesting structure and content.

Those that have asked for time outside the agenda below need to be ready to
fill in whenever we can spare the time during the four sessions. 

Thanks,

Bob

===
>NGtrans Meeting Agenda, TUESDAY, March 16, 1999
>
>
>    0900-1000  NGtrans WG 1st hour - Brian Carpenter/Keith Moore
>
>
>Refine 6to4 enough to know if we are going to make use of it for
>transition, thus readying it for PS and enough solid support and progress
>that we could request a TLA for it. This may be our most important and
>immediate work in ngtrans as there seems to be strong consensus building
>that 6to4 could really help the transition. But whatever the outcome, we
>need to decide what to do with it, else it could lead us down wasteful
>paths. Brian Carpenter and/or Keith Moore will lead this discussion.
>
>
>    1015-1115  NGtrans WG 2nd hour - see below
>
>
>45 mins: Refine the goals and plan for the roadmap document(s). There are
>several folk that have offerred to help with the roadmap documents, so if
>any of you would like to help organize this part of the meeting, please
>send email to Tony and Bob with your ideas. Failing that, Tony and Bob will
>organize and run the session. - various volunteers
>
>
>15 mins: Re-introduce plans for making the 6bone more robust (I'm hoping
>that this time around the general consensus will be to come down hard on
>the side of making the 6bone routing much more robust and hardened). In the
>past, there was unwillingness to do this as it discouraged folks from
>joining in. Bob Fink will kick this one off, but if others wish to speak on
>this they should send Bob email with their ideas. - Bob Fink
>
>
>
>    1545-1645  NGtrans WG 3rd hour - various
>    1700-1800  NGtrans WG 4th hour
>
>
>broken into approx. 25-minute mini-sessions to work on the existing
>transition mechanisms/tools draft to see if they can be readied for PS, or
>if they should be submitted as Experimental or Informational. 
>
>
>        SIIT, AIIH, DTI, BIS, NAT-PT - various draft authors
>
>
>-end