Subject: (ngtrans) 100th IPv6 tunnel!

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 17:46:19 -0400

Hi,
	On our IPv6 tunnel server (http://www.freenet6.net), we just hit today the
100th client getting a (free) IPv6 tunnel!

	Well, this is one kind of progress for IPv6 deployment:  We didn't
advertise our IPv6 tunnel server up to now, and have that much of tunnels. 

Regards, Marc.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Marc Blanchet			| [email-masked]
Viagénie inc.			| http://www.viagenie.qc.ca
3107 des hôtels		| tél.: 418-656-9254 
Ste-Foy, Québec		| fax.: 418-656-0183
Canada, G1W 4W5		| radio: VA2-JAZ
------------------------------------------------------------
Internet Engineering Standards/Normes d'ingénierie Internet
               http://www.normos.org
------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Ronald van der Pol RVDP <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 11:08:03 +0200 (CEST)

> advertise our IPv6 tunnel server up to now, and have that much of tunnels. 

Congratulations! I thought your idea was to setup more tunnel servers
in various countries. Is that still your intended setup? If so, is your
server software available for downloading? We would like to setup a
IPv6 tunnel service.

	rvdp

---

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 15:03:33 -0400

At 11:08 99-04-27 +0200, Ronald van der Pol RVDP wrote:
>in various countries. Is that still your intended setup? 

well. the first person who developed that concept is Alain Durand. In his
concept,
a tunnel broker receive requests from users and tunnels servers actually do the
tunnels. This model has been coded by Ivano and his friends. You probably
see his offer for his source code.
go get it!

What we implemented is more simpler: the same server is receiving the
requests from the users and make the tunnels to the clients.
We got request from many people to have our source code to setup servers in
the world. 
We have been very busy since Minneapolis but it is on our priority to
release the software.
in the mean time, we just add new client platforms and linux client is
going to be released soon.

So if you are interested in our "simpler" implementation, drop me an email
and I'll make sure you receive it
when it is released.

Regards, Marc.

>If so, is your