Subject: (ngtrans) updated ngtrans description, goals and milestones

From: Bob Fink <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 08:29:18 -0700

NGTRANS Folk,

For your information, the following is the updated ngtrans charter
description, goals & milestone agreed upon by the ngtrans co-chairs and
ADs. We will forward it officially in a few days, not hearing extreme
objections. 

Thanks,

Alain, Bob and Tony

===
Description of Working Group: 

1. Specify the tools and mechanisms that might be used for transition to IPv6.

2. Write documents outlining how the various transition tools and
mechanisms might apply to various scenarios for a transition to IPv6.

3. Coordinate with the IPv6 6bone testbed, operating under the IPv6 Testing
Address Allocation allocated in Experimental RFC 2471, to foster the
development, testing, and deployment of IPv6.

4. Coordinate appropriately with other IPv6 realted IETF activities and 
activities in other organizations.

Goals and Milestones:

mid 94  ngtrans work starts to define transition process *DONE*
Apr 96  RFC 1933 Transition Mechanisms submitted as PS *DONE*
Jul 96  6bone startup between DK, JP, PT and US *DONE*
Aug 96  Establish ftp-based ipv6 registry at RIPE-NCC *DONE*
Dec 96  Restructure 6bone to a tiered backbone architecture *DONE*
Jun 97  Convert 6bone registry from ftp-based to RIPE-based *DONE*
Sep 97  RFC 2185 Routing Aspects Of IPv6 Transition as Informational *DONE*
Oct 97  6bone converts to Aggregatable Unicast Address Format *DONE*
Dec 98  RFC 2471 formalizes IPv6 Testing Address Allocation *DONE*
Mar 99  Submit update to RFC1933 to IESG for PS *DONE*
Jul 99  Submit modified RFC1933 for DS
Dec 99  Forward 6to4/AIIH-DTI/NAT-PT/BIS I-Ds for IESG processing
Dec 99  Submit Roadmap I-Ds for IESG processing as Informational RFCs
Mar 00  Evaluate state of roadmap, tool and mechanism docs for further work

-end

---

From: Jim Bound <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 14:25:04 -0400

sounds good to me.  clear, concise, and a real set of deliverables.
some companies should do so well :--)...

good job.........

thanks
/jim