Subject: (ngtrans) 6to4 test?

From: Markku Savela <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 14:50:26 +0300 (EET DST)

hi,

Does anyone have "6to4" capable host on the internet that would answer
to "6to4 wrapped" ICMP 6 echo request with "6to4 wrapped" reply?

I woudl like to do

	ping 2010:<ipv4-address>::

and actually get replies back to the source address over IPv4.

Is the "prefix" "2010:.."?

-- 
Markku Savela ([email-masked]), Technical Research Centre of Finland
Multimedia Systems, P.O.Box 1203,FIN-02044 VTT,http://www.vtt.fi/tte/staff/msa/

---

From: Richard Draves <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 09:00:45 -0700

> "Host 6to4" would appear quite useful for IPv6 hosts that are also
> addressable with IPv4 address. Then I could have native IPv6
> applications that talk to other native IPv6 applications over normal
> IPv4 network. This would be great for testing purposes at least.

In this kind of scenario, 6to4 doesn't really have any advantages over
automatic tunneling (v4-compatible addresses). 6to4 is most interesting when
a relay router with one v4 address sits in front of a network of v6-only
hosts.

Rich