Subject: (ngtrans) I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ngtrans-harden-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 07:15:52 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Generation Transition Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: 6Bone Backbone Routing Guildelines
	Author(s)	: R. Rockell, B. Fink 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ngtrans-harden-01.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 22-Jul-99
	
The 6Bone is an Ipv6 testbed to assist in the evolution and deployment  
of IPv6. Because of this, it is important that the core backbone
of the IPv6 network maintain stability, and that all operators have
a common set of rules and guildelines by which to deploy IPv6 routing
equipment. This document provides a set of guildelines for all IPv6
routing equipment operators to use as a reference for efficient and stable deployment of IPv6 routing systems. As the complexity of the 6Bone grows, the adherence to a common set of rules becomes increasingly important in order for an efficient backbone to exist.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-harden-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ngtrans-harden-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-harden-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.