Subject: (ngtrans) DSTM and AIIH Washington DC

From: Jim Bound <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 23:41:56 -0400

Folks,

We will have an updated ID before Wash D.C.  It will be clearer.

Will it still have holes.  Bet you find them ....

But we got a lot of input recently to keep the features of AIIH as
authors and we intend to do that with the added benefit of DTI Tunnel
interfaces.

Also we figured out an important problem asked way back from the AATN
working BOF.  How does an IPv6 client know it needs an IPv4 address?
We will tell you in our draft.

Laurent, Hossam, and I would like to use Wash DC to wrap up the last
edits/doc structures to DSTM/AIIH for the next final draft.

BUT......we do ask that when we discuss it you ask clear and concise
technical questions or shoot big holes in our technical solutions if
they exist.  What is not constructive are comments like this:

  1.  This is not going to work.
  2.  This proposal is brain dead.
  3.  This is to complex to deploy.
  4.  This will never see the light of day.
  5.  We need to kill this proposal.

These are all "emotional" statements not logical technical constructive
Internet "ENGINEERING" team WG input.  We are engnineers, we speak
engineeringese....

We hope we can have a few folks read the draft before the meeting and
also start email discussions.

An implementation is underway and in process, and will update you at
Wash D.C.

thanks
/jim