Subject: (ngtrans) NGtrans project list

From: Bob Fink <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 14:38:47 -0800

NGtrans Folk,

I believe the ngtrans project list below is a close approximation of
current ngtrans work. Please let me know if you think otherwise. 

I will try hard to keep this list updated and available at:

 <http://www.6bone.net/ngtrans/ngtrans_project-status.html>

Thanks,

Bob

------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
NGtrans project list - 99Oct28
------------------------------------------------------------
Transition Mechanisms for IPv6 Hosts and Routers (MECH)
(Standard track to replace RFC1933)

current document/editor:

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-mech-04.txt>

Erik Nordmark

status:

RFC1933 at PS
mech-04 published 99May31 
mech-04 at IESG last call 99?

------------------------------------------------------------
Stateless IP/ICMP Translator (SIIT)
(Standard track)

current document/editor:

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-siit-06.txt>

Erik Nordmark

status:

siit-06 published 99Jun24
siit-06 at IESG for review as PS 99Aug, Narten & Moore comments to resolve
99Sep

------------------------------------------------------------
Network Address Translation - Protocol Translation (NAT-PT)
(Standard track)

current document/editor:

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-natpt-07.txt>

George Tsirtsis

status:

natpt-06 published & at IESG for review as PS 99Aug, Moore comments to
resolve 99Sep
natpt-07 published 99Oct to respond to Moore comments, but need to resolve
Moore comment on should NAT-PT be standardized

------------------------------------------------------------
Dual Stack Hosts using the Bump-In-the-Stack Technique (BIS)
(Informational RFC)

current document/editor:

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-bis-00.txt>

Kazuaki Tsuchiya

status:

bis-00 published 99Jul26
bis-00 completed wg last call 99Aug10, held pending resolution of SIIT
processing/comments, next step send to IESG

------------------------------------------------------------
A SOCKS-based IPv6/IPv4 Gateway Mechanism (SOCKS-GATEWAY)
(Informational RFC)

current document/editor:

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-socks-gateway-02.txt>

Hiroshi Kitamura

status:

socks-gateway-02 published 99Jul29
socks-gateway-02 completed wg last call 99Aug18
socks-gateway-02 at IESG for Info RFC 99Sep29

------------------------------------------------------------
Categorizing Translators between IPv4 and IPv6 (TRANSLATOR)
(Informational RFC)

current document/Editor:

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-translator-02.txt>

Kazu Yamamoto

status:

translator-02 published 99Oct in response to earlier Carpenter comments
from wg last call
translator-02 proceed with wg last call after DC IETF 

------------------------------------------------------------
IPv6 Tunnel Broker (BROKER)
(Informational RFC)

current document/editor:

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-broker-02.txt>

Ivano Guardini

status:

broker-02 published 99Oct6
broker-02 issue wg last call after DC IETF

------------------------------------------------------------
Connection of IPv6 Domains via IPv4 Clouds without Explicit Tunnels (6to4)
(Standards track)

current document/editor:

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-6to4-03.txt>

Brian Carpenter

status:

6to4-03 published 99Oct
6to4-03 being discussed on wg list

------------------------------------------------------------
6Bone Backbone Routing Guildelines (HARDEN)
(Informational RFC to replace RFC2546)

current document/editor:

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-harden-02.txt>

Rob Rockell

status:

harden-01 discussed on list
harden-02 issued wg last call on 99Oct25, closes 99Nov8

------------------------------------------------------------
A Guide to the Introduction of IPv6 in the IPv4 World (INTRO-IPv6-TRANS)
(Informational RFC)

current document/editor:

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-introduction-to-ipv6
-transition-02.txt>

Henk Steenman 

status:

intro-ipv6-trans-02 published 99Oct
intro-ipv6-trans-02 what next?

------------------------------------------------------------
Dual Stack Transition Mechanism (DSTM) 
(Standards track)

current document/editor:

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-dstm-00.txt>

Jim Bound

status:

DSTM overview given in Oslo based on AIIH and DTI work, 
 wg agreed to pursue as Standard track for now with decision later
DSTM-00 published 99Oct (merging AIIH & DTI)
DSTM-00 waiting for discussion/comments

------------------------------------------------------------
6BONE Pre-Qualification for Address Prefix Allocation (6PAPA)
(Informational RFC)

current document/editor:

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-6bone-6papa-00.txt>

Bob Fink

status:

6papa-00 published 99Aug24 (based on RIR interaction on sTLA policy)
6papa-00 revise and do wg last call

------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------

-end

---

From: Jim Bound <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 10:38:46 -0500

hi Bob,

> <http://www.6bone.net/ngtrans/ngtrans_project-status.html>

Wow... This is really useful.  Very good to see this.

thanks a lot,
/jim