Subject: (ngtrans) I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ngtrans-socks-gateway-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 06:29:48 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Generation Transition Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A SOCKS-based IPv6/IPv4 Gateway Mechanism
	Author(s)	: H. Kitamura
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ngtrans-socks-gateway-03.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 09-Mar-00
	
This document describes an IPv6/IPv4 gateway mechanism that is based
on the SOCKS protocol [SOCKSv5]. By applying the SOCKS mechanism to
support the heterogeneous communications relays between IPv6 and IPv4
at the SOCKS server, the SOCKS-based IPv6/IPv4 gateway mechanism is
accomplished.
Since it is accomplished without introducing new protocols, it
provides the same communication environment that is provided by the
SOCKS mechanism. The same appearance is provided to the heterogeneous
communications. No conveniences or functionalities of current
communications are sacrificed.
The SOCKS-based gateway mechanism enables smooth heterogeneous
communications between the IPv6 nodes and IPv4 nodes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-socks-gateway-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ngtrans-socks-gateway-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-socks-gateway-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.