Subject: Re: (ngtrans) draft-ietf-ngtrans-6to4-04.txt

From: Sowmini Varadhan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 11:03:47 -0400 (EDT)

> one possibility is to add a general comment that anything not covered
> in the 6to4 spec is done exactly as described for tunnels in -mech-05.

I'm not sure it would be a good idea to default to mech-05
for all issues, because it would  raise the question "which kind of 
tunnels - automatic or configured?", and pull in details like 
unidirectional/bidirectional connectivity, link-local address 
requirements etc. 

Maybe a cross-reference to Section 3.8 would be sufficient?

--Sowmini

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 11:26:17 -0500

> unidirectional/bidirectional connectivity, link-local address

True. I have no strong view on this.
 
> Maybe a cross-reference to Section 3.8 would be sufficient?

I will certainly do that in any case.

Thanks

   Brian