Subject: (ngtrans) Interim Meeting: Call for volunteers

From: Alain Durand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 10:54:59 -0700

Hi everybody

After the announce of the interim meeting, we have received some
comments about the date and the potential benefits of an
interim meeting. Some people expressed the concern that too much
traveling was already taking place.

For such a meeting to be successful, it has to be well prepared and well

focused. What we (chairs) have in mind is examining the security issues
and
the difficult corner cases associated with each of the mechanisms we
have today.

So we would like to make a call for volunteer. We're looking for people
to
pick a document (one they have not directly contribute to), and
screen it for any potential security issue (e.g. denial of service
attack).
We're also looking for people to build complex scenarios involving one
or more mechanism and reporting what would failed.

If you think you can volunteer, please sent  e-mail directly to me
(not to the list) and indicate:
a) which document you'd like to examine
b) which case you'd be looking at (security or corner cases)
c) if you think you could be ready for an interim meeting in May or June

    or if you would prefer to report in the normal meeting in Pittsburgh

    in August.

Depending on the result of this call for volunteer, we will announce
or cancel the interim meeting.

As people need time to organize travel arrangements, this call for
volunteer will end Monday, 5pm, California time.

    - Alain.

---

From: Alain Durand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 17:35:11 -0700

From all the responses I got and after discussion with the other chairs,
we have decided to cancel the interim meeting in May.

We eventually came to the conclusion that with enough preparation
we could achieve the reviews in Pittsburg and thus save a long trip
for those who are not in the bay area.

I would like to thank the people who volunteered to do some of the reviews,

I will get back to them and we will present their work during the regular
meeting in Pittsburg.

    - Alain.