Subject: (ngtrans) IPv6 Bake-Off and Testing at ETSI

From: Jim Bound <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 09:47:51 -0400

Dear IPv6-ers,

Sorry for the Interrupt.  Please only respond to Reinhard Scholl, Bill
Lenharth (both in cc list) and me and not the Working Group mail lists 
if you have input per the questions below.

Please find below the invitation to an IPv6 Bake-off on ETSI premises.

regards and thanks,
/jim
		== Invitation ==

GOAL: test IPv6 and IPv6-related protocols, with feedback 
to the IETF, the IPv6 Forum, and 3GPP (3rd generation 
mobile).

DATE: 2-6 October 2000

LOCATION: ETSI in Sophia Antipolis, France, located 
between Nice and Cannes in the French Silicon Valley. 

PARTICIPATION: Only engineers with implementations to test
are invited to participate. This is neither a marketing
event nor a conference.

REGISTRATION: A web site for registration is under 
construction and will be online shortly.

PROTOCOLS TO BE TESTED:
- - IPv6 core protocols (base, neighbor discovery, stateless
  address configuration, path MTU discovery, basic transition 
  mechanisms)
- - Mobile IPv6
- - BGP4+
- - RIPng

We'd also like to get your feedback if other protocols are 
ready to be tested (checkboxes on the website). Depending 
on the number of those implementations we will decide 
whether to include them as well in the event:
- - IPv6 extended protocols (RSVP for v6, DHCPv6, translation
  mechanisms with v6, dual stack transition mechanisms)
- - IPSec v6
- - PPPv6
- - diffserv v6
- - OSPF v6
- - IPv6 MIBs
- - DIAMETER

SERVICES OFFERED:
* Conformance Testing: 
- - The University of New Hampshire has an extensive set of 
conformance test suites for IPv6 and mobile IPv6 
(www.iol.unh.edu/testsuites/iprouting/index.html). 
Staff of UNH will be on site and run your implementations 
through their test suites.
- - Ericsson has conformance test suites for IPv6 and 
mobile IPv6, written in TTCN, a formal testing language.
Participants have a chance to have their implementations
checked against those test suites as well and learn about
TTCN.

* "One-on-one" Interoperability Testing: Participants 
test against each other under controlled network conditions.

PARTICIPATION FEE: There will be a participation fee of
800 Euros/company and 500 Euros/participant. Universities
can participate for free. We are actively looking for 
sponsors.

	mailto:[email-masked]
	ETSI Bake-off Service