Subject: (ngtrans) IPv6 stuff on INET 2000

From: Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦) <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 17:42:54 +0900 (JST)

Hello folks,

I would like to summarize the current status of IPv6 stuff on INET
2000:

(1) Network Training Workshop (NTW) at Keio Univ. (not at Hokoyama), 
    7/10-14

I'm now negotiating with some track leaders whether or not we will be
able to take time to give IPv6 tutorial for students from developing
countries. Itojun and Kazu have committed to be tutors.

(2) Network at the venue, Hotel, and the exhibition hall

The network will be, of course, IPv6-ready including terminal
clusters, external connectivity, and wireless LAN. We will also set up
a TCP-relay tranlator.

(3) TAHI event at the venue, 7/15-18

TAHI Project will hold the 2nd test events. See:
	http://www.tahi.org/inop/2ndinterop.html

(4) IPv6 booth
    7/14 Hot stage at the same room of the TAHI event
    7/18 Building up the booth in the exhibition hall
    7/19-21 Demo

This is basically the same of IPv6 ShowCase, N+I 2000 Tokyo, which
achieved great success. We will report this event later.

Anyway, highlight of this booth would be as follows:
	- Router racks
	- Home routers
	- Hosts including Windows 2000, BSD, and Linux
	- IPv6 protocol analyzers
	- Web
		IE and Netscape
		Gaining access to IPv4 server via translators
	- Shooting game "Quake"
	- Video stream over 1394

(5) IPv6 session, 7/19 11:00-12:30

See:
	http://www.isoc.org/inet2000/schedule3e.html

(6) IPv6 tutorial, 7/18 9:00-17:30

	"IP Version 6 Primer", Florent Parent and Marc Blanchet

--Kazu