Subject: (ngtrans) I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ngtrans-6to4-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 10:16:08 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Generation Transition Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Connection of IPv6 Domains via IPv4 Clouds without 
                          Explicit Tunnels
	Author(s)	: B. Carpenter, K. Moore
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ngtrans-6to4-06.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 06-Jun-00
	
This memo specifies an optional mechanism for assigning a unique
IPv6 address prefix to any site that currently has at least one
globally unique IPv4 address, and describes scenarios for using such
a prefix during the co-existence phase of IPv4 to IPv6 transition.
Effectively it treats the IPv4 network as a unicast link layer. Note
that this is not considered to be a long term solution and that sites
should migrate in due course to native IPv6 prefixes.
The motivation for this method is to allow isolated IPv6 domains or
hosts, attached to an IPv4 network which has no native IPv6 support,
to communicate with other such IPv6 domains or hosts with minimal
manual configuration. It also automatically provides a globally
unique IPv6 address prefix to any site with at least one globally
unique IPv4 address, even if combined with an IPv4 Network Address
Translator (NAT).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-6to4-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ngtrans-6to4-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-6to4-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.