Subject: (ngtrans) W.G. Last Call on IPv6 Tunnel Broker" - closes July 31, 2000

From: Bob Fink <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:10:14 -0700

This is an ngtrans working group last call for comments on advancing the
IPv6 Tunnel Broker document as Informational RFC:

	Title		: IPv6 Tunnel Broker
	Author(s)	: A. Durand, P. Fasano, I. Guardini, D. Lento
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ngtrans-broker-03.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 07-Jul-00

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-broker-03.txt>

Please send substantive comments to the ngtrans mailing list, and minor
editorial comments to the authors.  This last call period will end two
week from today on July 31, 2000.

Bob Fink/ Alain Durand / Tony Hain

===changes from the BROKER-02 version
section 1:
   - clarified that the draft is a framework document
   - highlighted that the TB approach allows IPv6 ISPs to easily perform
     access control on the users

section 2.3:
   - explained that a security association should exist between TB and
     client to prevent unauthorized use of the service

section 2.6:
   - clarified that the definition of a specific set of protocols to be
     used for the communication among the Tunnel Broker entities is outside
     of the scope of the document
   - added the MIME-based approach among the other communication options

section 4: New section on the possibility to use the Tunnel Broker concept
in other areas

section 5: various improvements in the security considerations

-end