Subject: RE: (ngtrans) 6to4 and dstm

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 17:16:17 +0100

Jim,

I think a separate DSTM draft for incoming connections will be very good and
by San Diego will be grate.

There is also a general question about the future of drafts like
v4-over-mipv6, dstm-and-6to4 as well as Soliman's siit-dstm  and possible
others that seam to *combine* existing ngtrans tools rather than create new
ones. I think this work is important in that it makes us understand the
tools and the implications of their use.

Any thoughts on that?

George
> -----Original Message-----
> From:	Jim Bound [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent:	Tuesday, August 29, 2000 4:32 PM
> To:	[email-masked]
> Cc:	[email-masked]
> Subject:	Re: (ngtrans) 6to4 and dstm 
> 
> Hi George,
	...

> I think this is a very good idea and draft. It appears we (DSTM authors)
> need to develop another spec to put the DNS parts back in DSTM (or AIIH)
> and also for draft-soliman-siit-dstm-00.txt.
> 
> If so how quick does the WG need a dstm-with-dns-and-aiih draft?
> 
> Would San Diego be quick enough?
> 
> thanks
> /jim

---

From: Jim Bound <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 23:47:18 -0400

George,

>by San Diego will be grate.

OK.. That is doable.  We have to ressurect parts of AIIH.
Which Erik wanted done at the Pittsburgh NGTRANS meeting too for
siit-dstm.

>tools and the implications of their use.

I think this is one of the stellar achievements of the NGTRANS Working
Group and the folks working very hard on this set of problems.  We can
resuse the ideas and mechanisms in all the drafts almost like a
a matrix to plug this mechanism for this problem.  The working group and
chairs should be very proud of this work we have produced on all fronts.
Your recent Dual Stack Mobile and Solimans siit-dstm exemplifies this I
think.  This was the objective of the Grenoble France Interim meeting
about 19 months ago and I think we have achieved success from the goals
of that meeting.  Also NAT-PT used SIIT...very good engineering....

Of course this means that the NGTRANS Roadmap document will get
recursive :----)...

regards,
/jim