Subject: (ngtrans) draft-ietf-ngtrans-6to4-07.txt is coming

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 08:01:37 -0500

NGTRANS,

draft-ietf-ngtrans-6to4-07.txt will be posted shortly. This is an update following
IESG comments. Here is the change log for this version, with the major changes
marked by **:

Changes from 06 to 07 version after IESG review:

- deleted "without Explicit Tunnels" from title to avoid confusion
  with RFC 2529
**updated applicability and scaling information in the Introduction,
  with corresponding tweaks to the Abstract, emphasising interim aspect.
- strengthened text on filtering long 6to4 prefixes in section 5.2
- added "work in progress" references to multicast and scaling drafts
- noted that dynamic IPv4 addresses lead to dynamic 6to4 prefixes
**clarified terminology of sending rule
**moved sending and decapsulation rules into a separate section
- tweaked wording on multihoming
- clarified wording on multiple NATs
- clarified that default routes point to addresses, not prefixes, of relay routers
- typographical errors corrected
- removed change list
- inserted copyright and IPR notices

For those unwilling to wait, a temporary copy is at:

http://www.adtech.icair.org/brian/draft-ietf-ngtrans-6to4-07.txt

  Brian