Subject: (ngtrans) Applications in IPv6

From: Okoziem Allen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:30:37 -0400

Hi ,

I am curious to know if there is any work currently being done with
applications (TFTP, Telnet, FTP,  Ping, Traceroute, etc )
with regards IPv6? Are there any white papers available?
I found some information in RFC 1545 - FTP Over Big Address.  Any
information will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

---Kozi

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 12:11:25 +0900

>information will be greatly appreciated!

	FTP: RFC2428.  RFC1545 is practically obsolete, don't look at it.
	HTTP: not very big issue there.  you may want to look at RFC2732.
	ping/traceroute: RFC2463.
	telnet: no issue.  just port it.
	tftp: no issue.  just port it.

itojun

---

From: Dave Marquardt <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Sep 2000 09:33:25 -0500

> information will be greatly appreciated!

AIX has had IPv6 capable telnet, FTP, and ping since 1997, when we
released IPv6 with AIX 4.3.0.

-Dave