Subject: (ngtrans) I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ngtrans-dstm-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 06:20:51 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Generation Transition Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Dual Stack Transition Mechanism (DSTM)
	Author(s)	: J. Bound, L. Toutain, F. Dupont, H. Afifi, A. Durand
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ngtrans-dstm-03.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 08-Nov-00
	
The initial deployment of IPv6 will require a tightly coupled use of
IPv4 addresses to support the interoperation of IPv6 and IPv4, within
an IPv6 Network.  Nodes will still need to communicate with IPv4
nodes that do not have a dual IP layer supporting both IPv4 and IPv6.
The Dual Stack Transition Mechanism (DSTM) provides a method to
assign temporary Global IPv4 Addresses to IPv6/IPv4 nodes over a
native IPv6 Network, use of dynamic tunnels within an IPv6 Network to
carry IPv4 traffic, and a defined set of processes and architecture
for the supporting infrastructure required for this transition
mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-dstm-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ngtrans-dstm-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-dstm-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.