Subject: (ngtrans) FW: I-D ACTION:draft-tsirtsis-6to4-and-dstm-01.txt

From: George Tsirtsis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 09:37:48 -0500

<<...>> 
This draft was submitted recently and it is going to be presented in the Dan
Diego.
Regards
George

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
Sent: 11/17/00 6:38 AM
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-tsirtsis-6to4-and-dstm-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Dual Stack deployment using DSTM and 6to4
	Author(s)	: G. Tsirtsis
	Filename	: draft-tsirtsis-6to4-and-dstm-01.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 16-Nov-00
	
It is desirable that most of IPv6 deployment is based on Dual Stack
IPv4 and IPv6 nodes so that interoperability with the current IPv4
based Internet be seamless. The 6to4 transition mechanism offers a
automated mechanisms for addressing an IPv6 site as well as
interconnectivity with other IPv6 sites when no native IPv6
connectivity is available. DSTM provides a mechanism for dynamic
IPv4 address allocation to Dual Stack nodes and a mechanism to send
packets over a network that only supports IPv6 routing. By combining
the two mechanisms we show how Dual Stack Intranets may be deployed
with minimum need for IPv4 address space and no native IPv6
connectivity.

Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 09:37:50 -0500