Subject: (ngtrans) Re: draft agenda for San Diego IETF49 - 16Nov2000

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 08:20:01 -0800

while it does not have a draft, my question of how one can transition an
entire backbone isp seems like something we should find a way to explore.

perhaps that there is no draft is telling.

i am not sure the meeting is the place to explore it.  but i suspect it
is an extremely critical gap in our thinking.

randy

---

From: Bob Fink <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 07:54:45 -0800

NGtrans WG Folk:

Below is the 16Nov2000 version of the draft agenda for the ngtrans meeting 
in San Diego.

I just realized the ngtrans first meeting time switched to Monday (see below).

Please continue to send your suggested agenda items, or requests to speak
on specific topics, to the co-chairs (use the cc list above).

For those listed as probable, but not yet scheduled, please let me hear
from you or your item will NOT be scheduled.

Thanks,

Bob

========================
IETF49 - San Diego, CA
---
MONDAY, December 11, 2000
1930-2200 Evening Sessions
OPS     ngtrans         Next Generation Transition WG

---
THURSDAY, December 14, 2000
1300-1500 Afternoon Sessions I
OPS     ngtrans         Next Generation Transition WG

===

Agenda

Agenda Bashing

NGtrans Project status - 10 mins, Bob Fink
<http://www.6bone.net/ngtrans/ngtrans_project-status.html>

Guidelines for IPv6 local experiments - 5 mins, Itojun
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-itojun-ipv6-local-experiment-01.txt>

Dual Stack deployment using DSTM and 6to4 - 10 mins, George Tsirtsis
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsirtsis-6to4-and-dstm-00.txt>

IPv4 over Mobile IPv6 for Dual Stack nodes - 5 mins, George Tsirtsis
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsirtsis-v4-over-mipv6-00.txt>

Extensions to SIIT and DSTM for enhanced routing of inbound packets -
5 mins, Hesham Soliman
<http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-soliman-siit-dstm-00.txt>

Introducing Mobile IP in IPv4/IPv6 Interconnected networks - 10 mins,
Charles Tsao
<no I-D yet, but based on another existing I-D>

Connecting IPv6 Domains across IPv4 Clouds with BGP - 10 mins, Dirk Oooms
<http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nguyen-ngtrans-bgp-tunnel-00.txt>

v6v4compat - 10 mins, Fred Templin
<http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-ngtrans-v6v4compat-01.txt> 

dstm - 10 mins, Jim Bound
<http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-dstm-03.txt>

Inverse lookups for 6to4 addresses - 10 mins, Keith Moore
no I-D yet, but will be either:
<draft-moore-6to4-dns-01.txt> or
<draft-ietf-ngtrans-6to4-dns-00.txt>

A 6to4 Relay anycast prefix- 10 mins, Christian Huitema
<http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-huitema-6to4anycast-00.txt>

---
Probable topics, but not yet scheduled:

6to4 multicast - x mins, Dave Thaler
<http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thaler-ngtrans-6to4-multicast-01.txt>

6to4 scaling issues - x mins, Tony Hain
<http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hain-6to4-scaling-00.txt>

Tunnels end point in DNS - x mins, Alain Durand
<http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-durand-ngtrans-tunnel-endpoint-00.txt>

Mime type - x mins, Alain Durand
<http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-durand-ngtrans-tunnel-mime-type-00.txt>

Hometun - x mins, Francis Dupont
<http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-hometun-00.txt>

Multicast Translator - x mins, Kazuaki Tsuchiya
<http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsuchiya-mtp-00.txt>

-end