Subject: (ngtrans) wg last call for 6to4anycast-00.txt

From: Bob Fink <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 10:24:27 -0800

NGtrans folk,

At the San Diego IETF ngtrans meeting the wg reached consensus that the 
6to4 anycast draft by Christian Huitema was the preferred discovery 
mechanism for 6to4 relay routers. This was circulated to the list last 
Monday for comment by Friday (yesterday), with the understanding that if 
there was continuing consensus on the list we would do a wg last call for 
IESG forwarding.

This would allow us to move the process along of getting a /16 IPv4 address 
block for the anycast usage, as well as the associated AS no. This 
document, which for the moment is only on the personal draft registry (but 
will soon be moved to the ngtrans draft registry), is at:

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-huitema-6to4anycast-00.txt>

We will now enter a 2 week ngtrans wg last call, ending 29 Decembe, 1700 
Pacific/US. Please send substantive comments to the mailing list and 
editorial comments to the authors.

     Christian Huitema <[email-masked]>

This draft is for Standards track, and thus will be forwarded to the IESG 
for Proposed Standard.

Thanks,

Bob

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 23:51:47 -0500

> mechanism for 6to4 relay routers. 

Actually I understand at the time that the question being posed was really 
between use of anycast vs. use of DNS for relay router discovery, and that 
the  question of whether to just use the anycast address as a default
route, vs. whether to perform ND/RD to that anycast address, was still open.

Accordingly, I would like to voice my objection to Christian's draft
draft-huitema-6to4anycast-00 being sent to IESG until we have consensus 
on the question of whether to use ND/RD.

Keith