Subject: (ngtrans) IPv6 root and gtld dns server available

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 01:45:55 -0500

Hi,
	we are making available to the IPv6 community an IPv6 root and gtld dns 
server for experimental purposes. This will enable dns resolution using 
IPv6 up to the dns root level. This server is configured to be 
authoritative for the root zone and the gtld zones.

	This service is on a best effort basis and no garantee is given. One 
should not configure its production dns service pointing to this server. It 
is offered in order to help the IPv6 community to expand the testing of a 
full IPv6 network, without any IPv4 transport or service. Viagénie has no 
intent to offer any dns root server service and will shutdown the service 
as soon as the "real" root servers will support IPv6.
	
	Information on how to use the service is available at: 
http://www.viagenie.qc.ca/en/ipv6/dnsrs/utilisation.shtml. Generic 
information is available at: 
http://www.viagenie.qc.ca/fr/nouvelles/commdepresse/dnsrs_200011.shtml.

	This service is partly funded by Canarie and is located on the CA*net3 
network.

Regards, Marc.

PS. special requests and support questions should be sent to 
[email-masked].
PS2. a mailing list for discussion on this service has been established and 
maintained by majordomo. Send a subscribe message to 
[email-masked]

Marc Blanchet
Viagénie inc.
tel: 418-656-9254
http://www.viagenie.qc.ca

----------------------------------------------------------
Normos (http://www.normos.org): Internet standards portal:
IETF RFC, drafts, IANA, W3C, ATMForum, ISO, ... all in one place.

---

From: Hideki Yamamoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 10:08:41 +0900

Hi,

I am interested in tunnel broaker and am searching for the sample
implementations.  
The draft-ietf-ngtrans-broker-xx.txt said that two
implementations were demonstrated during the Grenoble IPng & NGtrans.
Does someone has pointers to them?

Thanks in advance.

Hideki Yamamoto
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hideki YAMAMOTO                 | E-mail: [email-masked]
Research and Development group  | Tel: +81-3-3455-0870
Oki Electric Industry Co., Ltd. | FAX: +81-3-3798-7670

---

From: Mauro Tortonesi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 10:04:40 +0100 (CET)

> Does someone has pointers to them?

i think you can download tunnel broker from carmen.cselt.it

-- 
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem...

Mauro Tortonesi			[email-masked]
Ferrara Linux User Group	http://www.ferrara.linux.it
Project6 - IPv6 for Linux	http://project6.ferrara.linux.it

---

From: Feico Dillema <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 19:03:48 +0100

> Does someone has pointers to them?

One of our students made one as an assignment (it includes IPSEC
tunnel setup). His thesis and implementation is online at our www-site
somewhere. Try browsing http://www.vermicelli.pasta.cs.uit.no/ipv6
(If you cannot find it, ask me again, and I'll look it up. I'm not
online while typing this reply).

Feico.

---

From: Feico Dillema <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 00:40:00 +0100

> Does someone has pointers to them?
The exact URL:

http://www.vermicelli.pasta.cs.uit.no/ipv6/students/vegars/index.html

Feico.

---

From: "Tomohide Nagashima" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 10:48:14 +0900

As this is not completed, we are now making tunnel broker that
can be accessed with telnet.

see http://www.v6.japan-telecom.co.jp/ for more deatils

tomohide@japan-telecom