Subject: (ngtrans) parking at IPv6 Interim Meeting

From: Steve Deering <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 07:43:06 -0700

Here's some late info on parking at the IPv6 meeting this week in Redmond,
and directions to the meeting room.  This is best understood by reference
to the online maps reachable from:

  http://research.microsoft.com/ietf-ipv6-meeting/location.asp

The meeting is in the Adams Room in an annex to building 43 on the
main Microsoft Campus (note: *not* at the Microsoft Research campus,
which is on the other side of highway 520).

Here's what Brian Zill told us:

  This room is one of the three "Meeting Rooms" located in a separate
  annex north of Bldg 43 (right near the cafeteria).  It's attached to
  Bldg 43, but you need a key card to get through from there.  We should
  instead direct people to the courtyard entrance, there are signs labeled
  "Meeting Rooms" that point to it.  From the underground parking garage,
  there are stairs at the north end that lead right up to this courtyard
  which you don't need a card key to access.  There are also two different
  types of elevator banks in the garage, the ones marked "Visitor Elevator
  and Stairs" don't require a card key and dump you out on the 1st floor
  of Bldg 43 (or 42).  If people use those, they should then immediately
  exit the building and walk to the north end of the courtyard where the
  meeting rooms entrance is.

  While there are several "visitor parking" spaces in the courtyard, I
  think we should direct these folks to the garage instead since you have
  to register with the Bldg receptionist if you use the visitor spaces and
  don't want your car to be towed.  Hopefully we can let all these people
  in/out of the meeting rooms without having to get visitor badges for
  them all, that would be a pain.  Since the meeting rooms have their own
  entrance, I would expect that to be okay.

  The best entrance to the garage is off NE 31st street, which runs
  east-west directly south of Bldgs 42 and 43.  There is also an entrance
  from the southbound lanes of 156th Ave NE, but the road divider prevents
  you from turning into that if you're headed north.  Parking is free and
  unrestricted (just avoid parking in the spaces marked for handicapped or
  car-pools).

Steve