Subject: RE: (ngtrans) RE: IPv6 @ interim meeting

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 21:35:36 +0300 (EEST)

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Strahm, Bill wrote:

> So you are suggesting that the IETF goes to a closed model where people have
> to be "approved" to join mailing list discussions ???
>
> I DO NOT believe this is the IETF way and I hope nothing is done, if you
> don't like this persons posts, feel free to create a procmail et.al. rule to
> automatically delete his messages, but DO NOT do that for me.

No; what I'm suggesting is that posting by this one person who seems to
get odd pleasure from trolling the lists and spewing crap can be
disapproved.  Approval by default unless _clearly_ shown otherwise is of
course a MUST.

I'm not the only one disturbed about this, but I can live with this if
need be; this would save all the other people the bother.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                   not those you stumble over and fall"
Systems. Networks. Security.  -- Robert Jordan: A Crown of Swords