Subject: (ngtrans) NAT Win2K w/ IPv6 Problems...

From: "Cuccias, Frank J" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 10:03:34 -0400

I'm new to IPv6... trying to get Win2K, Cisco, and NAT to be nice and work
together.  We can't seem to get from a Win2K machine out to the 6Bone.  MS
docs indicate that Win2K using IPv6 doesn't like NAT.  Any work arounds?  

I can get out on the 6Bone from our router... but that's about it.  Many
thanks!

Frank

---

From: Nathan Lutchansky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 20:04:56 -0400 (EDT)

> docs indicate that Win2K using IPv6 doesn't like NAT.  Any work arounds?

I'm afraid you're out of luck if you're being a NAT, IPv6-in-IPv4 tunnels
don't work through NAT devices.  That doesn't mean you won't be able to
get IPv6 service to your network, though.  If you explain a little more
about your network, perhaps we could give you some suggestions. -Nathan

- -- 
+-------------------+---------------------+------------------------+
| Nathan Lutchansky | [email-masked] |  Lithium Technologies  |
+------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  I dread success.  To have succeeded is to have finished one's   |
|  business on earth...  I like a state of continual becoming,     |
|  with a goal in front and not behind. - George Bernard Shaw      |
+------------------------------------------------------------------+