Subject: (ngtrans) I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ngtrans-bgp-tunnel-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 08:05:36 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Generation Transition Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Connecting IPv6 Domains across IPv4 Clouds with BGP
	Author(s)	: J. De Clercq, G. Gastaud, T. Nguyen,
                          D. Ooms, S. Prevost, F. Le Faucheur
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ngtrans-bgp-tunnel-02.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 11-Jun-01
	
This document specifies a mechanism for IPv6 islands to communicate
with each other over an IPv4 cloud without explicit tunnel setup,
requiring only one IPv4 address (and a derived IPv6 address
containing this IPv4 address) per IPv6 island.  Each IPv6 island
needs a Dual Stack MP-BGP-speaking edge router.  The hosts in the
IPv6 islands can use native IPv6 addresses.  The method uses MP-BGP
in the edge routers to exchange IPv6 reachability information between
the IPv6 islands.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-bgp-tunnel-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ngtrans-bgp-tunnel-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-bgp-tunnel-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.