Subject: (ngtrans) I-D ACTION:draft-blanchet-ngtrans-exampleaddr-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 06:57:32 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IPv6 Address Space Reserved for Documentation
	Author(s)	: M. Blanchet
	Filename	: draft-blanchet-ngtrans-exampleaddr-01.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 02-Jul-01
	
To reduce the likelihood of conflict and confusion, an IPv6 prefix is
reserved for use in examples in RFCs, books, documentation, and the
like.  Since site local addresses have special meaning in IPv6, these
cannot be used in many example situations and are confusing.
Instead, an IPv6 prefix 3ffe:ffff::/32 is reserved in the range of
the test address space.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-blanchet-ngtrans-exampleaddr-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-blanchet-ngtrans-exampleaddr-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-blanchet-ngtrans-exampleaddr-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.