Subject: (ngtrans) News server

From: "Todd Whipple" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 09:45:08 -0700

Zama Networks is pleased to announced our IPv6 news group service.  The 
news server is open only over IPv6.  To read news, point your IPv6 capable 
news client to news.zamanetworks.com.  The server currently has the big 
eight group hierarchies except for alt.*

Currrently, Netscape 6 and TIN 1.5.8 are IPv6 capable news clients.

Enjoy.

---

From: Toomas Soome <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 22:21:33 +0200 (EET)

unfortunately:

[196] root@madli:root/kadri> traceroute news.zamanetworks.com
traceroute: Warning: Multiple interfaces found; using
3ffe:200:25:500:a00:20ff:fe83:b3ae @ hme0:2
traceroute to news.zamanetworks.com (2001:2d0:2:1::3007), 30 hops max, 60
byte packets
 1  kadri.ut.ee (3ffe:200:25:500:a00:20ff:fec4:93e3)  1.057 ms  0.630 ms
0.445 ms
 2  ut-gw-v6.ut.ee (3ffe:200:25:f000::c128:167f)  1.599 ms  1.418 ms
1.091 ms
 3  ut-cisco.ut.ee (3ffe:200:25:0:2d0:97ff:fe91:a001)  1.547 ms  2.310 ms
2.549 ms
 4  2001:6c0:1fff:ffd0::4  19.557 ms  22.475 ms  22.048 ms
 5  spacenet-if.6r1.doc.london.ip6.pipex.net (3ffe:1100:0:c11::1)  175.020
ms  120.682 ms *
 6  * * *
 7  * * *
 8  * * *
 9  *^C

> Currrently, Netscape 6 and TIN 1.5.8 are IPv6 capable news clients.

toomas
-- 
Old musicians never die, they just decompose.