Subject: (ngtrans) I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ngtrans-shipworm-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 07:10:30 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Generation Transition Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Shipworm: Tunneling IPv6 over UDP through NATs
	Author(s)	: C. Huitema
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ngtrans-shipworm-02.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 27-Sep-01
	
We propose here a service that enables nodes located behind one or 
several IPv4 NATs to obtain IPv6 connectivity by tunneling packets 
over UDP; we call this the Shipworm service. The establishment of 
the tunnel is automatic, and does not require any configuration 
parameters on the client. Running the service requires the help of 
'Shipworm servers' and 'Shipworm relays'; the Shipworm servers are 
stateless, and only have to manage a small fraction of the traffic 
between Shipworm clients; the Shipworm relays act as IPv6 routers 
between the Shipworm service and the

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-shipworm-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ngtrans-shipworm-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-shipworm-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.