Subject: RE: Upgrading to IPv6 (was: Re: (ngtrans) including ipv4 address space into ipv6 address space)

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 21:32:14 -0800

After reading your postings for a while, I decided to put you in the
same place I (and a lot of other people) put Jim Fleming and other
trolls: in the kill list. Your contributions to this workgroup are not
worth the time it needs to hit the "delete" key neither the bandwidth it
wastes. If you don't like IPv6, write something about IPv9 or whatever.
Goodbye.
-----Original Message-----
From: D. J. Bernstein [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 5:40 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Upgrading to IPv6 (was: Re: (ngtrans) including ipv4
address space into ipv6 address space)

Nathan Lutchansky writes:
> I am curious why you have added IPv6 support to your own software if
> you're convinced that it will never be useful to the vast majority of
> your users.

Wow. Where do you get these ideas?

I would like to see IPv6 succeed, simply because static addresses make
robust network applications easier to write. The fact that a modem burp
destroys a user's ssh login session, for example, can be traced directly
to the fact that IPv4 addresses are expensive.

If, however, the IPv6 transition plan remains at this idiotic ``people
climb mountains'' level of development, then IPv6 will not succeed in
the foreseeable future.

---Dan