Subject: (ngtrans) Re: I-D ACTION:draft-bereski-ngtrans-nd-dstm-00.txt

From: Philippe Bereski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 20:09:13 +0100

All,

There are a lot of drafts submitted these days and obviously no one
has time to read all of them. Nevertheless, we will be thanksfull if
some of you can send remarks on the one we have submitted about a new
way to allocate IPv4 address in the context of DSTM. The proposed
solution is symetric for IPv4 or IPv6 initiated connexion. The basic
ideas of this draft are :
- DSTM gateway manages itself the allocation to dual stack host of
temporary IPv4 address
- The allocation of that address is provided over RA/RS packets using
a specific option dedicated to DSTM
- To overpass the locallink scope of RA/RS, they are tunneled over
IPv6 global packets
- While there is only one DSTM gateway, there can be several TEPs for
redundancy or load balancing purpose

Thanks for your attention,
Damien, Gilles, Philippe.

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
> 
>         Title           : Dual Stack deployment using DSTM and neighbour
>                           discovery
>         Author(s)       : P. Bereski, G. Diribarne, D. Galand
>         Filename        : draft-bereski-ngtrans-nd-dstm-00.txt
>         Pages           :
>         Date            : 14-Nov-01
> 
> Today IPv6  nodes are generally  dual stacked.  With  its automatic
> configuration  of  tunnel  end   points,  [DSTM]  is  an  appealing
> transition mechanism, provided that an efficient dynamic allocation
> of IPv4 address process is  available.  The aim of this document is
> to  show  how  a  border  gateway  using  extensions  to  neighbour
> discovery [ND] can manage this allocation process.
> 
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bereski-ngtrans-nd-dstm-00.txt