Subject: (ngtrans) Request for Agenda Items for Salt Lake City ngtrans sessions

From: Bob Fink <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 10:08:01 -0800

The ngtrans working group has been scheduled for two sessions at the Salt 
Lake City IETF.  They are:

	WEDNESDAY, December 12, 2001, 1300-1500
	THURSDAY,  December 13, 2001, 1300-1500

Note that these dates and times are tentative and subject to change by the 
IETF secretariat.

Please send us requests for agenda items.

One session will be devoted to discussion of the future focus and 
directions for ngtrans (note that this may be limited to one-hour total 
given that we have only requested an hour long session, but were assigned 
two hours).

For the other two hour session, the agenda will be focused on current 
working group activities that have current issues requiring discussion, and 
new individual submissions (in the I-D registry) that meet the ngtrans mission.

Thanks,

Alain Durand / Bob Fink/ Tony Hain
ngtrans Chairs

---

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 12:29:27 -0600

What are the security procedures being put in place ?

http://register.icann.org/register.php
"All attendees will be required to show a picture identification when
picking up
their registration badges. Badges will be required for entry to all meeting
areas."
-------

Will proof of U.S. Citizenship be required ?

Jim Fleming
Why Gamble on a .BIZ Lottery? Start a Real .BIZ Today !
http://www.DOT-BIZ.com
0:212 - BIZ World

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Fink" <[email-masked]>
To: "NGtrans List" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Alain Durand" <[email-masked]>; "Bob Fink" <[email-masked]>; "Tony
Hain" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2001 12:08 PM
Subject: (ngtrans) Request for Agenda Items for Salt Lake City ngtrans
sessions

---

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 12:45:47 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Rinka Singh [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2001 5:50 AM
To: J. Noel Chiappa; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Why IPv6 is a must?

That's right today.

Another 5 years later you would be singing a different tune. -
scalability, better bandwidth management (a.k.a QOS), mobile devices,
internet appliances will nail v4 down - UMTS will add some spice to the
pot.  I agree a user cannot do much unless the ISPs and Org
routers/switches deploy v6.  But that's not too far away as more
sophisticated uses come up.

Incidentally, have you tried running apps like ftp over IPsec or
L2TP/PPTP over NAT.

Rinka.
--------------------

"a user cannot do much unless the ISPs and Org routers/switches deploy v6"
??????

http://www.dot-arizona.com/IPv8/IPv4/
"One of the advantages of IPv8 Addressing is that ANYONE with a 32-bit
<IPv4> Address (dynamic or static) can instantly join the network. No
permissions or fees are required nor central bureaucracies."

Jim Fleming
http://www.IPv8.info
IPv16....One Better !!

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 16:03:56 +0100

In your previous mail you wrote:

=> I'd like to get a short slot about the feedback from the ETSI IPv6
plug-tests (I don't expect we'll discover real problems and in this
unlikely case the mailing list is the proper forum).

Thanks

[email-masked]

---

From: Bob Fink <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 08:54:48 -0800

>unlikely case the mailing list is the proper forum).

OK, will assign 5 mins.

Bob