Subject: (ngtrans) list of timed out drafts from ngtrans

From: Bob Fink <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 06:48:22 -0800

Various ngtrans authors,

I have updated the ngtrans status page at:

<http://www.6bone.net/ngtrans/ngtrans_project-status.html>

and have noticed that the ID's listed below have timed out of the ID 
directory even though they are considered active projects.

I'm not quite sure what is appropriate to do about this. In some cases we 
are waiting for external events (DSTM, DSTMEXT1-AIIH), while in others we 
supposedly are committed to continuing forward progress but no work seems 
to be going on.

Would the various authors below please comment on their intent and 
timeline. I am sure this issue will be raised as part of our upcoming 
discussion on ngtrans future focus and direction in the planning session at 
the Salt Lake City ngtrans meeting.

Thanks,

Bob

===
6to4dns-02  Keith Moore  first ngtrans version never generated

6to4multicast-00  Dave Thaler  passed wg last call, needs -01 version to 
forward

dstm-04 Jim Bound  waiting on DHCPv6 to forward

dstmext1-aiih-00 Jim Bound  waiting on DSTM/DHCPv6 to forward

natreq4ipv6-00 Christian Huitema  waiting on corrected version from IETF-50

siit-dstm-00 Hesham Soliman

6to4-dstm-00 George Tsirtsis  deciding if it should be merged with DSTM or 
if it is
obviated by new Durand draft on 6to4 Well Known Address

hometun-01 Francis Dupont

krampell-v6transition-interaction-00 Magnus Krampell & Alain 
Baudot  waiting on first ngtrans version

-end

---

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 09:05:44 -0600

It appears that much of this is involved with "waiting" for another
face-to-face meeting.
Do IETF "members" use the Internet ?

Do they use a 2002:<IPv4>:0000 prefix ?

http://www.dot-arizona.com/IPv8/IPv4/
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg12213.html

[email-masked]
http://www.unir.com
http://www.unir.com/images/architech.gif
http://www.unir.com/images/headers.gif
http://www.unir.com/images/address.gif
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/sdks/platform/tpipv6/start.asp
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg12213.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg12223.html

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Fink" <[email-masked]>
To: "NGtrans List" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Alain Durand" <[email-masked]>; "Tony Hain" <[email-masked]>;
"Randy Bush" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2001 8:48 AM
Subject: (ngtrans) list of timed out drafts from ngtrans