Subject: Re: (ngtrans) Re: ipv6-smtp-requirement comments?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 13:40:13 +0900

>I think there is some ambiguity in section 3.  In particular, the
>numbering seems to combine looping and gotos in a confusing way.
>For example, consider the case of doing an A (or AAAA) lookup that
>returns multiple IP addresses.  Step (6) says to loop from (7) to
>(8) on each address returned, but step (8) says to to back to step
>(3).  Which one is it?  This is doubly confusing because step (8)
>can never be executed more than once in the innermost loop [(7)-(8)],
>so really you are looping on step (7) only -- assuming that the goto
>(3) takes precedence over the loop (7)-(8).
>
>Now, _I_ know what they are trying to say, but the language could
>be cleaned up -- making this either a loop model or a goto model
>should fix it.

	I understand your concern.  however, the current description is the
	best I could come up with.  there are two loops (MX and A/AAAA) and
	error result cases make things very complicated.  are there any
	good algorithm descrpition for MX records handling?  if there is
	i would like to start with that description.

itojun