Subject: (ngtrans) Re: failure of source address

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 22:16:14 +0900

>>>>> On Thu, 4 Apr 2002 23:13:48 -0800 , 
>>>>> "Buraga, Partha S" <[email-masked]> said:

> In Multihoming scenario, Let us assume that, we selected a source IP
> address, using IP_HDRINCLD option, for outgoing packet. 

> My doubts are,

> 1) If selected address( NIC ) fails, Will the packet be delivered into
> network ?
> 2) What will be the source address of outgoing packet ?
> 2) What is the path selected by Kernel to deliver the packet into network ?

I believe those all depend on the implementation, so you should ask
the developer of the system you're using.

BTW: there is no IP_HDRINCLD (or something like that) in official API
specs for IPv6.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]