Subject: (ngtrans) Teredo question

From: Suresh K Satapati <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 13:27:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have a basic DNS related question on Teredo.

In section 4.1.4 Exchanges between two Teredo nodes, it is mentioned:
'A has learned B's address, for example from the DNS'.

In reality, how will A get to know B's address thru DNS ?
who maintains DNS information for A or B ?? A & B could either be in
global or specific Teredo network or each could be in a different Teredo
network (global or specific).

Is DNS not an issue at all for Teredo ??

Thanks
Suresh

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 23:35:23 +0300 (EEST)

> Is DNS not an issue at all for Teredo ??

The unsaid assumption is that NodeB has a DNS entry like 
'NodeB.some.where.com', and it used Dynamic DNS updates to make the DNS 
entry point to the always latest address of the node.  Whether it is 
global or specific doesn't matter.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                   not those you stumble over and fall"
Systems. Networks. Security.  -- Robert Jordan: A Crown of Swords