Subject: (ngtrans) Re: Multicast in transition scenarios

From: Kazuaki Tsuchiya <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 22:11:00 +0900

Dear Amaral

Thank you for your comment.

Yes, Hitachi has both mtp(translator) and mBIS(self-translator).
But their applicable location is different.

mBIS allows an IPv4 host to speak in IPv6 multicast using
existing IPv4 multicast applications. mBIS can work just like
an IPv6 host, and can communicate with other IPv6 multicast
hosts in IPv6-only networks. mBIS can live in IPv6-only networks.

mtp locates between IPv4 hosts and IPv6 hosts, and mtp enables
them to communicate each other in multicast.

And we have already verified that mtp and mBIS are co-workable
in our test bed.

Regards.

-- Kazuaki Tsuchiya, Hitachi.

At 17:55 02/06/26 +0900, [email-masked] wrote:
 >
 > I've read the "draft-ietf-ngtrans-mtp-02.txt", and I have
 > a doubt. On the draft you propose an mpt, but Hitachi also
 > proposes the mBIS translation mechanism. The mBIS uses the
 > specifications of the mpt (multicast translation protocol)?
 > Are they the same thing?
 >