Subject: (ngtrans) I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ngtrans-dstm-overview-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 07:00:58 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Generation Transition Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Dual Stack Transition Mechanism (DSTM) Overview
	Author(s)	: J. Bound
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ngtrans-dstm-overview-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 19-Jun-02
	
The initial deployment of IPv6 will require a tightly coupled use of
IPv4 addresses to support the interoperation of IPv6 and IPv4 within
an IPv6-only Network.  Nodes will still need to communicate with IPv4
nodes that do not have a dual IP layer supporting both IPv4 and IPv6.
The Dual Stack Transition Mechanism (DSTM) is based on the use of
IPv4-over-IPv6 tunnels to carry IPv4 traffic within an IPv6-only
network and provides a method to allocate a temporary IPv4 Address to
IPv6/IPv4 nodes.  DSTM is also a way to avoid the use of Network
Address Translation for early adopter IPv6 deployment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-dstm-overview-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ngtrans-dstm-overview-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-dstm-overview-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 13:33:54 +0300 (EEST)

Umm.. Did I miss something, or how a first draft could ever get w.g.  
document status??

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 [email-masked] wrote:

> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories. This draft is a work item of the Next Generation Transition
> Working Group of the IETF.
> 

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                   not those you stumble over and fall"
Systems. Networks. Security.  -- Robert Jordan: A Crown of Swords

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 12:32:31 -0400

> Umm.. Did I miss something, or how a first draft could ever get w.g.

it's up to the WG chair.  

that and even if you start with an individual draft, once you rename
it as draft-ietf-wgname-* then the sequence number resets to -00

Keith