Subject: Re: (ngtrans) RFC2893 update?

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 02:36:38 +0200 (CEST)

> Hi Erik,
> 
> I would like to check your timeframe to
> publish a Internet Draft to avance RFC2893 to DS.
> 
> We would very much appreciate to make progress in that direction.

I didn't get this document in before the deadline thus I'm trying to submit
it to internet-drafts now (or when they open up after the IETF meeting).

I've included the changes and the known questions/issues (all in the nature
of "are there more things we should remove because they are not being used")
below.

   Erik

9.  Changes from RFC 2893

   -    Removed references to A6 and retained AAAA.

   -    Removed automatic tunneling and IPv4-compatible addresses.

   -    Removed default Configured Tunnel using IPv4 "Anycast Address"

   -    Removed Source Address Selection section since this is now
        covered by another document ([19]).

   -    Removed brief mention of 6over4.

10.  Open issues

   -    Should 6to4 be mentioned?  How complete should we make the list
        of tunneling techniques in section 1.1?

   -    Should all of section 2.2 (DNS stuff) be removed?  It duplicates
        [19].