Subject: Re: (ngtrans) WG Last Call on IPv4 Survey

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:12:17 +0200

So, is ngtrans submitting this document as its last gasp? I would hate to 
see it lost.

   Brian

Tony Hain wrote:
> 
> This is an ngtrans working group last call for comments on advancing the
> following document as Informational:
> 
>   Title: Survey of IPv4 Addresses in Currently Deployed IETF Standards
>   Author: Phil Nesser
>   Document: draft-ietf-ngtrans-ipv4survey-02.txt
> 
> Please send substantive comments to the ngtrans mailing list, and minor
> editorial comments to the author.
> 
> This last call period will end two weeks from Monday on July 15, 2002.
> 
> The ngtrans co-chairs, Tony / Alain / Margaret

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 09:18:09 -0700

> So, is ngtrans submitting this document as its last gasp? I would
> hate to see it lost.

i can not imagine this one being lost, especially given it was
intentionally included in the v6ops draft charter

(3) Publish Informational RFCs that help application developers (within
    and outside the IETF) understand how to develop IP version-
    independent applications.  Work with the Applications area, and
    other areas, to ensure that these documents answer the real-world
*   concerns of application developers.  This includes helping to
*   identify IPv4 dependencies in existing IETF application protocols
*   and working with other areas and/or groups within the IETF to
*   resolve them.

but i do not see it in the millstones.  thanks for the catch.

can we also, as margaret asked, discuss the v6ops charter on the
v6ops mailing list?

randy

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 13:01:56 -0400

>So, is ngtrans submitting this document as its last gasp? I would hate to 

We definitely won't let this one get lost.

Based on feedback during the last call (from you and others), though,
the document will require updates before it is ready to be submitted to 
the IESG.  

Phil, is that your understanding, as well?

Margaret