Subject: RE: (ngtrans) NGtrans closing procedures

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 10:56:43 -0700

Isn't this one expired?  What's the status and/or plans?

		--Rod

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Alain Durand [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 1:04 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Alain Durand; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: (ngtrans) NGtrans closing procedures

Connecting IPv6 Islands across IPv4 Clouds with BGP (BGP-TUNNEL)
is ngtrans ID 
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-bgp-tunnel-04.txt>
becomes personal ID 
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gastaud-ngtrans-bgp-tunnel-04.txt>

---

From: Bob Fink <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 17:52:43 -0700

Rod,

>Isn't this one expired?  What's the status and/or plans?

It should have, but it is still in the registry, so it will revert to a 
personal ID if it is still there when the secretariat does the change. It 
had been (still is) waiting for comments from the routing folk, but those 
haven't materialized yet. As for plans after the closeout of ngtrans, it 
will depend on other working groups interest in it (IDR, v6ops...).

Bob

---

From: "Christian Huitema" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 18:09:15 -0700

> will depend on other working groups interest in it (IDR, v6ops...).

On a related issue: are the drafts going to migrate to their new name by
some secretariat magic, or do they need to be resubmitted?

---

From: Bob Fink <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 18:27:06 -0700

Christian,

>some secretariat magic, or do they need to be resubmitted?

It appears now that the secretariat will move the ngtrans IDs to personal 
IDs without any name change simply to enable ngtrans to close out in the 
simplest way. If this actually happens then you will need to resubmit with 
the name you want on it.

I suggest not worrying about it until the change occurs and we see what 
actually happens.

Bob