Subject: (ngtrans) RFC 3338 on Dual Stack Hosts Using "Bump-in-the-API" (BIA)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 16:06:39 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3338
                                 
        Title:      Dual Stack Hosts Using "Bump-in-the-API" (BIA)
        Author(s):  S. Lee, M-K. Shin, Y-J. Kim, E. Nordmark,
                    A. Durand
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       October 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 34480
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None
                                 
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ngtrans-bia-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3338.txt

This document specifies a mechanism of dual stack hosts using a
technique called "Bump-in-the-API"(BIA) which allows for the hosts to
communicate with other IPv6 hosts using existing IPv4 applications.
The goal of this mechanism is the same as that of the
Bump-in-the-stack mechanism, but this mechanism provides the
translation method between the IPv4 APIs and IPv6 APIs.  Thus, the
goal is simply achieved without IP header translation.

This document is a product of the Next Generation Transition Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.