Subject: (ngtrans) Need some Project with research aspect

From: wuhaq <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 13:05:51 -0600

Hello All,
 I am Masters Student in Electrical Engg Dept in Wichita State University, USA 
and in need of some project in IPv6 as my final MS Directed Studies Project. 
The requirement is that some research portion should be there, or there should 
be some theoritical model to which i need to work on. What I have thought is 
to initially implement IPv4 to IPv6 transitions and interconectivity between 
the IPv4 and IPv6 sites and creating multihoming scenarios. But after that i 
need sone research topic to work on. Are there any issues in Routing across 
IPv4 and IPv6 domains or any other topic which u guys could tell me. I need 
some thing concrete to propose, that a project which has some research aspect 
in it. It is not to be considered as a thesis but a project with some research 
aspect involved in it, like testings, simulations etc. Plzz Plz i request all 
of you experienced guys who are working with IPv6 to help me in this regard. 
If you have questions from me u can also ask about my requirements. IAm 
eagerly waiitng for your emails
thanks a lot everybody
 
Waqas

---

From: "Tony Hain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 10:01:17 -0800

You are asking a group that is focused on making it clear that IPv6 is
not a research project, so I doubt there will be much here. The place
where there might be fruitful research is in the space of new & novel
applications that can leverage the capabilities of IPv6. At the recent
IETF in Yokohama, the WIDE project demonstrated this kind of application
by outfitting the Taxi's with windshield wiper speed sensors fed to a
weather reporting center. This allowed very localized feedback about
rainfall intensity.

Good luck,
Tony

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of wuhaq
> Sent: Saturday, November 02, 2002 11:06 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: (ngtrans) Need some Project with research aspect
> 
> 
> Hello All,