Subject: (ngtrans) draft-ietf-ngtrans-ipv6-smtp-requirement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 17:31:26 +0900

a couple of IETFs ago, it was suggested at the ngtrans wg meeting
	that the document draft-ietf-ngtrans-ipv6-smtp-requirement-xx "should
	be handed to SMTP experts in application area".  since then, there
	has been no actions taken.  the fact is, there is no active working
	group for SMTP and email-related activities.  also ngtrans wg is
	concluded.  therefore, the document is in "zombie" state.

	I still want the document (or the contents of it) be published, as
	it contains critical guidelines for IPv6/v4 dual stack SMTP operation.
	I would like to ask IESG to decide and take appropriate actions,
	such as:
	- poke SMTP experts, let them work on the topic and produce an RFC
	- let me handle the document as an individual submission and publish
	  it as an RFC

	thanks.

itojun

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 07:13:10 +0900

>	concluded.  therefore, the document is in "zombie" state.

	you can find the last revision (06) at ftp.itojun.org:~ftp/pub/paper.

itojun

---

From: Robert Elz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 20:17:03 +0700

[email-masked] said:
| 	I still want the document (or the contents of it) be published, as
| 	it contains critical guidelines for IPv6/v4 dual stack SMTP operation.
| 	I would like to ask IESG to decide and take appropriate actions, 

I have sent some detailed comments back to the authors of this
(long expired) draft (expired means that currently there isn't really
any appropriate action anyway).

It needs some work before it is ready for any further action.

There are also lots of editorial issues that would be easily fixed,
but aren't worth worrying about until the substance is fixed.

kre