Subject: (ngtrans) Hello

From: Capisani Luca <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 21:16:10 +0200

Hello, I'm Capisani Luca, I write from Mantua, Italy; I'm a student of 
computer science.

I have some questions for the experts of ngtrans.
Considering the NAT-PT or NAPT-PT transition mechanism, I have to 
implement (in a school project),  a gateway server that realize the 
translation of IP packets.
I have seen, in Internet, two packages that realize NAPT-PT:
1) ETRI/PEC - IPv4/IPv6 Translation 
<http://www.ipv6.or.kr/english/natpt-overview.htm> but it's necessary a 
redhat with 2.4.0test9 kernel, and not work with red hat 9, and other 
commons distributions;
2) http://www.merlinux.org/natpt/ , but it's no documentation about the 
configuration.

I ask you if exist any implementation of NAT-PT simple to install and 
test, over linux; or if exist in Linux a pre-installed tool (like 
iptables for NAT) witch realize the translation;
if the two implementations mentioned above are the uniques, I ask if you 
have a valid documentation about installation and configuration of 
almost one.

Thanks
Excuse me if I never write english very well
Capisani Luca