Subject: Re: [Nmlrg] Machine Learning in network - solicitation for use cases

From: "Dacheng Zhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 15:38:36 +0800

I think ML on security would be a good use case. For instance, Huawei is
proposing an approaching using big data for more accurate DDoS detection.

Cheers

Dacheng

在 15-8-31 上午11:15， "nmlrg on behalf of Sheng Jiang"
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> 写入:

>Hi, all,
>
>Thanks for subscribe to NMLRG (Network Machine Learning) mail list. As we
>know, there are already many ongoing researches for Machine Learning in
>network, in many areas. But up to now, there are few matured applications
>yet. So it is the time for a Research Group to work on this
>future-oriented technology.
>
>The first step would be to collect possible use cases: where the machine
>learning mechanism could be used in networks. The use cases does not need
>to be mature, but should have potential.
>
>Note that this topic is rapidly moving from academic research into
>practical application. Therefore, use cases from university environments,
>industrial research and development organizations are all welcome.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Sheng
>_______________________________________________
>nmlrg mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/nmlrg