Subject: [NNTP] New list address.

From: chl at clerew.man.ac.uk (Charles Lindsey)
Date: Thu Sep 23 19:12:21 2004

I see that the IETF hasn't yet caught up with our news list submission
address (well, our charter as served up by ietf.org still points to
academ.com).

And the new list at eyrie does not come with a web site, or does it? So if
we want to look up the archive for the old list, or consult any other
goodies held on our own website, then we still have to go to academ.com.
In which case, academ.com still seems to indicate that the list is at
academ.com.

So at least the WG web page at academ.com needs to be updated to point to
the new list at eyrie, so someone needs to contact Stan about that.

Is there any plan to set up a WG page at eyrie, and to move everything at
academ.com to it (including the old archive)? I ask because I am in the
middle of a similar bulk move for the Usefor group (which is how I came to
spot these various anomalies).

-- 
Charles H. Lindsey ---------At Home, doing my own thing------------------------
Tel: +44 161 436 6131 Fax: +44 161 436 6133   Web: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl
Email: [email-masked]      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.
PGP: 2C15F1A9      Fingerprint: 73 6D C2 51 93 A0 01 E7 65 E8 64 7E 14 A4 AB A5

---

From: rra at stanford.edu (Russ Allbery)
Date: Fri Sep 24 11:39:07 2004

> address (well, our charter as served up by ietf.org still points to

I mailed ietf-action and didn't get a response.  I'm not sure how to get
it updated, but I'll try again.  Apologies for being so quiet; I've been
pretty sick all week and am therefore way behind.  I'm trying to catch up.

> And the new list at eyrie does not come with a web site, or does it?

See the headers of every single message to this list.

> So if we want to look up the archive for the old list, or consult any
> other goodies held on our own website, then we still have to go to
> academ.com.  In which case, academ.com still seems to indicate that the
> list is at academ.com.

> So at least the WG web page at academ.com needs to be updated to point
> to the new list at eyrie, so someone needs to contact Stan about that.

Feel free.

> Is there any plan to set up a WG page at eyrie,

There is one already.

> and to move everything at academ.com to it (including the old archive)?

No.  I don't have time to look at this and don't think it's worth it given
how late we are in the game here and given that the academ.com archives
are still available.  Let's just get our documents published and then we
can start fresh with what work still needs to be done.

-- 
Russ Allbery ([email-masked])             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>