Subject: [NNTP] Snapshot 3

From: clive at demon.net (Clive D.W. Feather)
Date: Sat Nov 13 07:33:14 2004

Okay, yet another snapshot up at:
<http://www.davros.org/nntp-texts/draft25.pre-3.txt>
<http://www.davros.org/nntp-texts/draft25.pre-3.html>

This one has the new treatment of MODE READER and transit versus reader
commands.

The big change is a new section 3.3 "Reader and Transit Servers". This
introduces new concepts and terminology which:
- involve minor changes in 3.1 and 3.2
- completely redefine 5.2 (MODE READER)
- cause each command to be tagged "reader", "transit", and "general".

Please read at least 3.1 to 3.3 and 5.2 carefully. There's a load of
OUTSTANDING ISSUES that I'd like comments on. But I think this presentation
of the issue is far superior whether or not we retain the MODE READER
command. Tell me what you think.

-- 
Clive D.W. Feather  | Work:  <[email-masked]>   | Tel:    +44 20 8495 6138
Internet Expert     | Home:  <[email-masked]>  | Fax:    +44 870 051 9937
Demon Internet      | WWW: http://www.davros.org | Mobile: +44 7973 377646
Thus plc            |                            |