Subject: [NNTP] SASL error code

From: clive at demon.net (Clive D.W. Feather)
Date: Thu Nov 4 09:25:05 2004

Surely the error code for a bad/unsupported mechanism in AUTHINFO SASL
should be 503 (feature not supported) and not 501 (syntax error). Note that
[NNTP] says for the former: "... or only handles a subset of legitimate
cases ...".

-- 
Clive D.W. Feather  | Work:  <[email-masked]>   | Tel:    +44 20 8495 6138
Internet Expert     | Home:  <[email-masked]>  | Fax:    +44 870 051 9937
Demon Internet      | WWW: http://www.davros.org | Mobile: +44 7973 377646
Thus plc            |                            |

---

From: ken at oceana.com (Ken Murchison)
Date: Thu Nov 4 10:53:11 2004

Clive D.W. Feather wrote:
> should be 503 (feature not supported) and not 501 (syntax error).

Yes, you are correct.  Just changed this in the source text.

-- 
Kenneth Murchison     Oceana Matrix Ltd.
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127
--PGP Public Key--    http://www.oceana.com/~ken/ksm.pgp