Subject: [NNTP] MS outlook with NNTP server

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 10:23:57 +0530

Guys...is it possible for microsoft outlook to get connected with linux
based nntp server? I have been trying for the last 3 days, it gets
connected but it doesnt act to the response 200 for the MODE READER, the
newsreader client just keeps waiting for a response even though i have
made the server send a 200 code. i tried creating my own client, it is
working then! So is it a problem with MS Outlook

cheers :)

Pras anna

Confidentiality Notice

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended
for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or [email-masked] immediately
and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

---

From: "Howard Swinehart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 01:08:31 -0500

From: <[email-masked]>
> Guys...is it possible for microsoft outlook to get connected with
> linux based nntp server? I have been trying for the last 3 days,
> it getsconnected but it doesnt act to the response 200 for the
> MODE READER, the newsreader client just keeps waiting for a
> response even though i have made the server send a 200 code.

Yes.  Are you sure you terminated the line with a CR LF and not just a LF? 
If you send me the server address, I'll be happy to try it with my client.

---

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 08:40:32 -0500

> working then! So is it a problem with MS Outlook

This is not the correct forum for asking these types of questions.  This 
forum is for the *design* of the NNTP protocol, NOT for providing 
implementation or debugging help.  Please direct these questions to 
somewhere like the news.software.nntp newsgroup.

-- 
Kenneth Murchison     Oceana Matrix Ltd.
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127
--PGP Public Key--    http://www.oceana.com/~ken/ksm.pgp