Subject: [NNTP] nntp developing problem

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 10:02:40 +0530

Hey,

I am developing a nntp server in c (linux domain). This server has to
respond to queries from MS Outlook. I have a problem in developing i am
stuck. When the client is started, i make the server respond with 200
status code. But after the client keeps responding with MODE READER, the
client just keeps waiting for server to respond. I tried sending various
status codes but of no avail. but client shows the msg tht it is
connected. If i dont give any 200 ok, still the client says connected
but does not send any msg. When i give 200, the client responds with
MODE READER. How am i to respond to it?

cheers :)

Pras anna

Confidentiality Notice

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended
for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or [email-masked] immediately
and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

---

From: Russ Allbery <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 20:50:30 -0800

> MODE READER. How am i to respond to it?

You should respond to MODE READER with the same status code as you
responded to the initial connection.

-- 
Russ Allbery ([email-masked])             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>