Subject: [NNTP] draft-ietf-nntpext-base-25

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 12:24:06 -0500

Some minor nits:

3.3.2:  The sentences that describe the LISTGROUP and POST arguments for 
READER state that they "MUST be a single argument", leading one to 
believe that the two arguments are mutually exclusive, which is clearly 
not the case (as evidenced by the note in parenthesis).  I guess my 
concern is with the use of "single".

3.4.1:  "Except as an effect of the MODE READERMODE READER command on a 
mode-switching server, once a server advertises either or both of the 
IHAVE or READER capabilities, it MUST NOT cease to advertise them later 
in the session."

Rather than using the negative, wouldn't something like this sound better:

"... it MUST continue to advertise them for the entire session."

3.4.2:  Could we get something like the following added after "However, 
the server MAY cease to advertise the MODE-READER capability after the 
client uses any command except CAPABILITIES."

"Specifically, the server MUST NOT advertise the MODE-READER capability 
after the client uses the MODE READER command or after any security or 
privacy commands are issued."

I'm looking for some text to reference in STARTTLS and AUTHINFO which 
states this.

-- 
Kenneth Murchison     Oceana Matrix Ltd.
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127
--PGP Public Key--    http://www.oceana.com/~ken/ksm.pgp