Subject: [NNTP] Fwd: IESG Document Review Process Update

From: Russ Allbery <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 18:49:41 -0800

This is just FYI; the changes mostly affect the tasks I have to do as
chair.

From: "Scott Hollenbeck" <[email-masked]>
Subject: IESG Document Review Process Update
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 12:24:11 -0500

All Applications Area Working Group chairs:

Over the last few years the IESG has been looking at ways to improve our
document review process.  The effort is described here:

http://psg.com/~mrw/PROTO-Team/

During today's open apparea meeting I announced that Ted and I will be using
the PROTO Team process for all new documents brought to us by your working
groups from now on.  That means that you as chairs have a few specific tasks
to complete as part of the document review process:

1. Completing a write-up describing the document that you want the IESG to
review:
http://psg.com/~mrw/PROTO-Team/WGChair-Writeup.html

2. Shepherding resolution of AD review comments:
http://psg.com/~mrw/PROTO-Team/ad-review-draft.txt

3. Shepherding resolution of IESG review comments:
http://psg.com/~mrw/PROTO-Team/discuss-draft.txt

On our end, Ted and I will strive to perform our reviews of your documents
before or during the IETF last call period.  This will hopefully speed
things up a bit once the last call has been completed.

Please review the material described above and let me know if you have any
questions.  Remember, too, that I am covering all of Ted's working groups
while he is enjoying paternity leave.

Feel free to share this with your groups.

-Scott-