Subject: [NNTP] Sasl protocol is now out

From: "Charles Lindsey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 13:33:20 GMT

I see that the new SASL standard is now out as RFC 4422.

Does this bring us nearer to getting the NNTP drafts out?

-- 
Charles H. Lindsey ---------At Home, doing my own thing------------------------
Tel: +44 161 436 6131 Fax: +44 161 436 6133   Web: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl
Email: [email-masked]      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.
PGP: 2C15F1A9      Fingerprint: 73 6D C2 51 93 A0 01 E7 65 E8 64 7E 14 A4 AB A5

---

From: Russ Allbery <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 09:24:30 -0700

> Does this bring us nearer to getting the NNTP drafts out?

I personally have no idea -- I don't have a lot of visibility into the RFC
Editor queue.  Per <http://www.rfc-editor.org/queue.html>, the only
remaining dependencies are internal to the set of four documents, so I
hope so.

Of course, I've not had *any* time for the past three or four months.  :/
I'm hoping that's going to settle down around September so that I can
finish the INN implementation and then start collecting information for
the next phase.

-- 
Russ Allbery ([email-masked])             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

---

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 13:35:44 -0400

> Does this bring us nearer to getting the NNTP drafts out?

Given the fact that our last remaining normative reference has popped 
out of the queue and drafts later in the queue are already in AUTH48, 
our drafts should be close.

-- 
Kenneth Murchison
Systems Programmer
Project Cyrus Developer/Maintainer
Carnegie Mellon University