Subject: [NNTP] Sorting HDR answers

From: Julien ÉLIE <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 14:56:06 +0200

Hi all,

For OVER:

   If the information is available, it is returned as a multi-line data
   block following the 224 response code and contains one line per
   article, sorted in numerical order of article number.

For HDR:

   If the information is available, it is returned as a multi-line data
   block following the 225 response code and contains one line for each
   article in the range that exists.

The notion of numerical order is not present in RFC 3977 for HDR.

Is it normal?  Is it then allowed (and expected by clients) to send HDR
answers in a random order?

-- 
Julien ÉLIE

« Memoriam quoque ipsam cum uoce perdidissemus,
  si tam in nostra potestate esset obliuisci quam tacere. »
  (Tacite, _Vie d'Agricola_)