Subject: [NNTP] NNTP COMPRESS extension

From: Julien ÉLIE <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 22:27:25 +0100

Hi all,

Just to tell you that the NNTP COMPRESS extension has been accepted to 
be published on the standards track.
We're waiting for the RFC Editor to update its tools to handle UTF-8 in 
names (Acknowledgments Section) and addresses.  It will happen in a few 
weeks/months, and will permit to remove Section 1.3 of the document.

We accepted the delay in publishing the document, as we're not in a 
hurry anyway to publish the RFC.

News clients and servers wishing to implement the NNTP COMPRESS 
extension can go ahead with the following document:

     https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-murchison-nntp-compress-06.txt

It will be the one that will be published (modulo minor editorial 
changes that may happen during the final stage of the publication).
Latest versions of INN, flnews and Cyrus NNTP are already implementing 
COMPRESS.

Thanks again to all who reviewed it.

-- 
Julien ÉLIE

« – Je me sens un peu rouillé ! C'est sûrement à cause des
     pluies provoquées par Assurancetourix !
   – En attendant c'est nous qui dérouillons ! » (Astérix)