Subject: [nsc] Whither NSC?

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 21:46:20 +0100

Hi,

The IAB and IESG met today to talk about the 15 (yes, one five) BoF proposals on
the table. Of course, NSC was in the pile as well.

We discussed NSC quite a bit, looking at the proposal text and the material in
the drafts, and also considering the views of some of the I* who are actively
involved in the ETSI NFV group at the moment.

The was quite a suggestion that this is all too early for a BoF, not least
because ETSI is not scheduled to come out with its results until end of July at
the earliest. It was also suggested that discussing solutions work was very
premature.

In the end we compromised. We will hold a short (1 hour) non-WG forming BoF to
discuss the service provider requirements and use cases. It is my intention
(and, indeed the I* was pretty forceful on this point) that presentations should
come only from service providers. The vendors' job is to listen and ask
questions!  

I will be appointing chairs soon and then we can start to put the agenda
together.

Of course, the mailing list remains open and I hope the discussions continue.

Thanks,
Adrian

---

From: "Diego R. Lopez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 08:17:15 +0000

Hi,

Here you are a document on service chaining being discussed in the ETSI NFV group. I am cc-ing Dave, as he is its main perpetrator and I am not sure whether he is in the list.

For the BoF, I'd be more than happy to make an introduction to NFV and the ideas we have discussed so far on this, as well as presenting the use case we are considering right now, related to the composition of personalized services, especially on issues related to security.

Be goode,

On 20 Jun 2013, at 22:46 , Adrian Farrel wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> nsc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsc

--
"Esta vez no fallaremos, Doctor Infierno"

Dr Diego R. Lopez
Telefonica I+D
http://people.tid.es/diego.lopez/

e-mail: [email-masked]
Tel:    +34 913 129 041
Mobile: +34 682 051 091
-----------------------------------------

________________________________

Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario. Puede consultar nuestra pol?tica de env?o y recepci?n de correo electr?nico en el enlace situado m?s abajo.
This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at:
http://www.tid.es/ES/PAGINAS/disclaimer.aspx