Subject: [nsc] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-matsushima-stateless-uplane-vepc-00.txt

From: Satoru Matsushima <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 04:22:54 +0900

Hi,

We have submitted an I-D for mobile core user-plane which adopts routing
basis architecture instead of tunnel centric one. This draft  hasn't been
mentioned the nsc stuff yet. But I think that the routing based
architecture for user-plane of mobile core fits to service chaining in
routing basis very much. Your comments, or advises to this architecture in
the nsc point of view are welcome.

Regards,
--satoru

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Subject: I-D Action: draft-matsushima-stateless-uplane-vepc-00.txt
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : Stateless user-plane architecture for virtualized
EPC (vEPC)
        Author(s)       : Satoru Matsushima
                          Ryuji Wakikawa
        Filename        : draft-matsushima-stateless-uplane-vepc-00.txt
        Pages           : 19
        Date            : 2013-07-10

Abstract:
   We envision a new mobile architecture for the future Evolved Packet
   Core (EPC).  The new architecture is designed to support the
   virtualization scheme called NFV (Network Function Virtualization).
   In our architecture, the user plane of EPC is decoupled from the
   control-plane and uses routing information to forward packets of
   mobile nodes.  Although the EPC control plane will run on hypervisor,
   our proposal does not modify the signaling of the EPC control plane.
   The benefits of our architecture are 1) scalability, 2) flexibility
   and 3) Manageability.  How to run the EPC control plane on NFV is out
   of our focus in this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-matsushima-stateless-uplane-vepc

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-matsushima-stateless-uplane-vepc-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt